10 years out and gaining, back on here today for motivation!!!

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:45 am - Westbury, NY

Jenn, what state are you in? Ill send you a friend request.

jstatum_05
on 7/22/14 9:49 am

Texas

**This includes 32.2 lbs. pre-surgery!**        
gigi_c
on 7/22/14 1:00 pm - Lake elsinore, CA

Hello, tried looking you up and there are a lot of you (your name) on FB... lol ... I would love to share support... I'm under GiGi ZarbCousin ... The photo is of me near a bay in a dark blue shirt...

gigi_c
on 7/21/14 8:43 am - Lake elsinore, CA

I am 6 years out and up 20... So frustrating.... Are any of you on Facebook in any of the groups? I would love to talk about this and be supportive as well as getting support... I attend support group meetings twice a month but no one in out more then a maybe 2 years so they are no help to me...

Cherina Forshee
Butler

on 7/21/14 11:41 am - Miami, FL

I'm nine years out. I had my gastric bypass surgery in 2006. I'm hungry all the time now. I guess my tool is no longer working.  I never drank sodas. My weakness is sweets and chips. I can eat a lot more than earlier years. I still can't eat large portion sizes. I started at 320 pounds lowest 165. I'm have gained 40 pounds.. I'm now weighing 200 pounds.  I made an appointment for tomorrow.  Im see a doctor about getting a lap band placed on my pouch. They said my insurance will cover it. I started having health problems maybe this will work. I really need to get my weight back down and working out seems like it's adding weight to my belly....lol

gigi_c
on 7/21/14 2:12 pm - Lake elsinore, CA

I hear you... I have been going up slowly for the past year and a half... It's frustrating because I'll go up three pounds and down one... So never loosing enough... I have been doing everything I can think of... Let me know what your dr says tomorrow... Can you get the sleeve type instead of the lap band? Where do you live .. I'm in Southern California...

Cherina Forshee
Butler

on 7/22/14 9:25 am - Miami, FL

Today went well. I went to Oband. My Bmi was perfect to have the revision. I don't have any health problems therefore they said they'll have to prove I have sleep apnea. I can have the sleeve or the band. I'm thinking sleeve but afraid I may lose too much. Today I went for a consult they already did my ekg, blood work set me up for pysch, nutrion, stress and ultrasound appointments. They stated bibs will deny and they appeal with their team of lawyers. The place was absolutely beautiful and very ckean. The Dr. Name is Weismann. I think....it went so quickly I didn't have time to think. I'm just happy I get another chance to finally make weight. It's getting harder to not think about food....lol. I live in Florida

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:52 am - Westbury, NY

Cherina, you are lucky to be having a revision. I will not even attempt to do that to my body and my mind again. I barely made it out alive the first time around (seriously almost died from complications and long term illness from this surgery), so it has to be a slow and steady battle for me Im afraid, but I wish you all the luck. What is the perfect BMI for revision?

Nay7529
on 7/22/14 9:55 am - Westbury, NY

cherina, btw. You are drop dead gorgeous... holy crap!  Are you SURE you need a revision??? LOL

Cherina Forshee
Butler

on 7/22/14 12:59 pm - Miami, FL

Not sure what the bmi suppose to be, I was 34.1.....considered obese I'm 5' 4 I weigh 195 pounds now. I went from size 8/10, now pushing 12/14

Most Active
Recent Topics