Profect Protein Bullets

MC266 - Michele C.
on 11/3/14 3:07 pm - Folsom, CA

I had surgery several years ago and need to get back on plan.  I would like to use the profect bullets again but can't find them anywhere.  I used to buy them from the doctors; however, they no longer sell them. 

Any leads on where to purchase them?

alaskasusan
on 11/24/14 6:19 am - AK
RNY on 02/11/13

Hi Michelle, good to hear you are looking to get back on track....I'm not quite two years out and still working toward my goal.  One of the early things I learned about the protein supplements is that the protein 'shots' are usually made with collagenic protein, and that bariatric patients should not use that type as we don't absorb it correctly. We need high grade or medical grade protein that our systems can utilize.  So you might want to double check on the protein you decide to use.  Although we are often encouraged to not use the protein supplements much, I still choose one per day as I cannot consume enough otherwise to meet my own daily requirement.  A good one is Chike, though some people do not use it due to a somewhat higher carb count.  Another is Syntrex.  There are a lot of suggestions on this site for protein so do use that search function :o)  Best of luck to you!!

KSKVA11
on 11/26/14 5:09 am - Manassas, VA

Never heard of profect bullets.  My RNY was 2004.  New Whey is a protein bullet.  I've gotten them at WalMart and the Vitamin Shoppe.  You can also order them online.  However, my all time fav is Unjury.com.  You can only get it online from them.  They have a truly tasteless powder that mixes well with many liquids, but my fav is their chicken soup flavored powder.  It dissolves easily with a spoon, but I still use a shaker just because.  I use the unflavored in tea, coffee and V8 juice.  The usual sweet flavors are good too. I'm just not much of a sweet eater.

Most Active
Recent Topics