Had Surgery in 2009 and Best Vitamins to take-You won't believe...

bellalynacy
on 1/17/15 2:12 am

I know you won't believe this, but I had surgery in 2009.  Every time I took multiple vitamins, I was always low on something.  UNTIL I started taking Flintstones Complete chewable s...lol..  I couldn't believe it!  My surgery doc told me to take them and it worked.  Everything came out normal this time!

In 2009 I weighed 354 lbs and now I am down to 1333!

Bella Lunacy

bellalynacy
on 1/17/15 3:28 am

wow now I weigh 1333? .lol.. I meant 133

Misty1980
on 1/17/15 7:35 am - edwards, CA

Great job and glad your vitamins are all worked out for you .

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/17/15 11:03 pm

Wow..interesting..

Can you post what vitamins and minerals your doc checked and what are your numbers ( include reference values if you may). 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

bellalynacy
on 1/18/15 9:52 pm

Yes, let me see if I can get that info for you.  Also, you take two Flintstones Complete chewables a day.. not sure I said that

bellalynacy
on 1/18/15 10:00 pm

Ok, I know there are more tests she did, but at the moment, I don't seem to have access. My Vit D is also Normal

Iron Serum 88 ug /dl  Normal
Total Iron Binding 343 ug/dl
% saturation 26%
Feritin, Serum 41 ug/L
B12 Serum 470 pg
Folate 23.4

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/18/15 11:09 pm

ouch.. 

B12 470 is dangerously low... some people may experience permanent nerve damage (documented in literature) for levels below 550... I feel like crap when my B12 is under 800

ferritin 41 - that is OK.. if you  don't menstruate.. I start feeling like crap when my ferritin drops below 50..

how about D? B1? K? B6? A?  etc

what about calcium with PTH (just calcium with no PTH means nothing)

and other numbers?? 

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

bellalynacy
on 1/19/15 12:18 am

I have to go back and see her I think for all the results.  I do take sublingual B12..  Better take more!

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/19/15 12:38 am

I was where you are now - my doc was telling me my numbers were "good" "normal" while in fact they were borderline OK and not really optimal for me..  eventually my borderline numbers caused me to get anemia, and depression, and feel like crap.. 

Only after one well experienced veteran RNY looked at my numbers and suggested I take more critical vits (and get myself to hematologist get IV iron) I started feeling like myself again. 

"Normal" may not be good enough for some if not most of us.. 

Pokemom
on 1/19/15 12:05 pm
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi, H.a.l.a. B.!  Can you direct me to  a complete list of critical vits/minerals I need?  This is a concern to me, but I am not sure what, exactly, I need, beyond the basic multi, b12, and calcium citrate.  My surgeon does not specify a particular multi...just says to take one.  I have felt pretty good about the quality of the ones I  am taking, but a feeling is just a feeling.  Without any list to compare against, I am not sure.  I have noticed that PoetKelly also seems quite knowledgeable about this, and I will post to her as well.  Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics