Anyone 9 years out???

kelpower
on 12/30/15 7:12 pm - Las Cruces, NM
hello, I used this site for the first several years after surgery and it was such a great help to me, talking to others asking questions , recipes and just awesome support. I am back on ready to complete my journey by getting back on track and losing my last 50-60 pounds. I did gain some and now want to complete my journey. I have questions for people out as far as I am. I went to my anniversary date forum and no one is posting there last post was 2013, Anyone have a forum for people almost 10 years out. Just looking for support thanks Kelpower

JA
on 1/3/16 4:14 pm - East Haven, CT

Hi There,

I'm 11 years out and fortunate enough to have kept my 100 lb WL down.  Although these holidays have creeped on a few lbs, and hopefully they will be gone now that all the food is out of the house.

I usually post on here. Good luck and welcome back.

JA

kelpower
on 1/4/16 10:16 am - Las Cruces, NM
Hello JA, I never reached my goal but came close. I am going to make this my year. Do you still sometimes become very full very fast being 11 year out. It happens for me quite a bit. I am happy my pouch system still works but it is scary when sometimes dinner is like 3 bites. just want to know if this is normal thanks Kelly

JA
on 1/5/16 2:48 am - East Haven, CT

Hi Kelly,

Yes I still get the full feeling. It happens faster when I eat rice, pasta, bread type foods, which I try to avoid.  I've had a huge issue with hair loss, so I try to eat a very high protein diet.  I'm grateful that my pouch still works :) too.

Good luck.

JA

Cassandra B.
on 1/25/16 9:14 pm - Alexandria, VA

Greetings,

I'm 8 years post op and thankful that I've been able to keep my weight off.  But I tell you, it's a struggle everyday to do so.  I have to remind myself to exercise and eat right.  Some days are better than others, but the key is to never stop trying to be healthy.  If you gain some weight, do you best to exercise/eat right to lose that weight. You will be ok.

This forum is the only one I know of on here that is for old timers like us. 

Many blessings to you my dear. Keep up the good work!

Visit my OH Blog Post for inspiration:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/members/holiday1971/blog/2016/01/24/the-weight-loss-struggle-is-real/

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

Debra Welker
on 2/6/16 1:30 pm - Kaukauna, WI

Hi I will be 10 years out next month. I have been struggling the last few years with weight gain. I am up 20 -25 pounds. I joined weight wartchers the first of the year and have lost 7 pounds and am happy with that but its hard. I can eat as much now as before my surgery. Sweets make me sick so I stay away from them as much as possible. I also went through a period of excess drinking wine. Ive cut way back on that , but its hard. Seems like I traded one vice for another. Hope you get back on track, but also know your not alone in your struggles, theirs alot of us out here. Deb

Most Active
Recent Topics