Pouch still working????? or is it problem

kelpower
on 12/30/15 7:22 pm - Las Cruces, NM
Hello I am nine years out, my question is, Is it still normal when eating to get very full fast. Sometimes I can have a normal dinner but sometimes I can only eat a very small amount and I get the horrible full feeling in my chest. A couple years after surgery I did have a serious problem in which I had to go in and have emergency surgery because my intestines hernia into my stomach. It was a freak thing but now I get scared when I feel bad. So just wanted to know if people still have full feels after 10 years and it is totally normal to be full fast thanks Kelpower

Kenzington ..
on 12/30/15 8:08 pm - MN

It depends on what I'm eating.  I can eat vegetables all day long - copious amounts.  I can also pack away a lot of protein...  But fried food or fast food gives me a gross "Ugh" feeling really quickly.  I could eat a dinner plate sized salad heaped with all the protein and trimmings - for example... But I can only make it through 1/2 of a McDonalds cheeseburger before I'm possibly going to die.  That's probably a good thing.

coreysmom
on 1/2/16 2:31 pm, edited 1/2/16 6:31 am - Indianapolis, IN

I too get like this. WLS 5.2009..Some days I can eat EVERYTHING..others only a bird size amount before I am feeling completely full. Do you have pain associated with it? I know when I mentioned these symptoms to my surgeon her thought was that I may have a small bowel obstruction or a Petersens hernia. I think I am going to go ahead and follow up just in case. May I ask what type of hernia you had? I have a Hiatel hernia and wondering if I should push for suregery.

DiWarner
on 1/2/16 2:38 pm - Mount Pleasant, SC

I am 11 years out and have been successful keeping my weight off. I can pretty much eat anything but still have problems if...I eat too much, eat too fast, don't chew well enough or eat too much sugar. You would think I would learn after 11 years!! I still do a lot of 'grazing' so calories add up quickly and I don't ever feel really full. If I stick to my regular meals then I can still only eat a limited amount. I would love to lose 15-20 more lbs. The biggest factor for me is my exercise. I am now a runner. I found my body got used to the long mileage so I have recently hired a personal trainer. I can already tell a difference. I am trading the money we spend on all the meals we eat out so we can afford it but it will be worth every penny. Accountability with my exercise is a must (I have a running buddy that I train with). I tell people I had surgery on my stomach, not my brain. I still love to eat, but I told myself I'd never go back. I haven't been on this site in so many years but nothing beats the support of others! 

Most Active
Recent Topics