PLEASE HELP!!

mxm622
on 1/20/16 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm horrified and desperate for an answer from someone who has, unfortunately, experienced this. I had an RNY in April of 2009. I developed Reactive Hypoglycemia from it, which I have under control and is the least of my worries right now. I had to go to urgent care the other day for a concussion. I was weighed while there, and weighed in at 124.6. This means I've lost 12 pounds since October. For the past week (roughly), I then went to 123.6. Now today I'm at 122 pounds even. I'm horrified. My Hypoglycemia dietician said, "well you're not underweight". I admit I've slacked off for a while with good fats, which helps my Hypoglycemia, and also anything fattening. I got lazy. Also, for a while I simply didn't have an appetite and was barely eating. Makes sense why I'd be loosing, right? I've been stuffing my face since I spoke to the dietian 5 days ago. She said to eat more and up the good fats, because that's where the calories are. Seriously? I know this. The issue here is that I'm rapidly loosing. It's like I'm right back to square 1, when I'd just had my bypass, and was Malabsorbing. Each time my surgeon sees me, he's concerned about my blood glucose readings (they're excellent by the way), and tells me if I start getting low numbers that he'll have to reverse my bypass. When he looks at me and says this, he makes me feel like I'm about to take my last breath. Although my BG#'s are good, now I'm dealing with this rapid weight loss. I'm scared beyond words and beyond any form of comprehension that he'll have to reverse it. He said he'd have to remove my Pancreas

monymony
on 1/26/16 10:29 am

Hi, I can't even imagine what you are going through. Have you considered seeing an endocrinologist for your sugars? I would also get a new dietician to follow you. You need encouragement instead of negativity. Have you also considered a second opinion? Maybe you need a fresh look at what is going on. Good luck. Mona

Veteran Bandster 2002

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!

KWray615
on 2/2/16 1:08 pm
RNY on 11/16/15

Hi, I agree with Mona. I would get at least one other opinion.  I suggest overeaters anonymous online.  It helps me so much.  I believe that God will take care of you.  You have had the new stomach for 7 years.  You are thin and your experience around food has changed and OA can help the head part.  Please keep posting and I will be praying for you.

LynW
on 6/11/16 7:31 pm - Central IA, IA

I'm 12 yrs RNY.  At 2 yrs I developed hypoglycemia.  Finally at 3 yrs and a trip to Mayo Clinic, I was diagnosed with nesidioblastosis.  My pancreas was making 5 x the normal amount of insulin.  My lowest glucose was 34.  Had 60% of my pancreas removed.  Still had lows but not as low.  Gained 30 pounds by eating every 3 hours.  Now blood sugars are high.  Part of that is from prednisone I take for rheumatoid disease. Part is the wt gain and part is the pancreas not producing enough insulin now.  I have no answers for you but to let you know you are not alone.  If I could go back in time, I never would have had RNY.  I also have iron deficiency anemia and need iron infusions periodically.

Most Active
Recent Topics