It's been almost 11 years!

Jasmine M.
on 3/18/16 12:44 pm - La Mesa, CA

I just want to say that without OH, I would have gone crazy in the years and months after my surgery. I am SO VERY grateful. 

It's hard to believe my surgery was nearly 11 years ago. So much has changed, and also? So much has stayed the same. At my core, I am still the woman who weighed 343 pounds. I am still drawn to too many carbs and not enough vegetables. I still struggle to find balance.

I am sure in a room of WLS grads, you guys already know that surgery doesn't solve everything, but it's a chance. What we do with that chance makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I wish everyone the best! This journey is tricky and tough, but worth it! 

Jasmine Myers, joyful wife, mother, and WLS graduate of nearly 11 years. Having walked a complicated journey toward wellness, I've developed a passion for helping others find their own paths to peak health. The company I work for is conducting an important obesity-related research study. Check it out here.     

Laura in Texas
on 3/19/16 5:51 am

Glad to see you checking in. Our starting weights were similar. I am 7.5 years out and it is good to see people further out posting. OH is still my go-to spot to keep me on-track. Balance is definitely going to always be a struggle for me, but I keep working at it.

Here's to many more healthy happy years for all of us!! 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

soldindc
on 5/11/16 10:28 pm - Bowie, MD

These posts are encouraging.  I am 6 years out and obsessed with not regaining. I have a thyroid problem and am working to lose 15lbs that I've gained in the past year due to the meds.  

StephanieF.
on 3/23/16 3:46 pm

Congrats on your 11 years! I'll be at 10 years since my RNY this summer. Can't believe it! Time flies. I agree, tough and tricky, but definitely worth it!

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

Mrs. SmartiePants
on 5/20/16 5:44 am

Woo! I'll be 10 years next May and it's crazy. Like you said, I don't recognize the person I was before surgery and I do feel different now...but the mind games are still exactly the same. Every day we make the choice to continue on this journey. 

Way to go!

Chantal

LMyers1020
on 6/9/16 12:34 pm - Alexander City, AL

How has your blood work been?  No problems with absorption?  I am almost 7 years out and have been hearing rumbling of malabsorption issues.   My blood work is still very good but just curious.   Thanks

MyLady Heidi
on 7/18/16 12:23 am

Hi Jasmine,

Congrats on 11 years, I had my surgery of 4/5/05, it's been an amazing eleven years.  Not only are we both 11 years out but you live down the road from me.  I am a transplanted new englander, not used to no rain, would love a good thunder shower to water the lawn and get the dust under control.

Most Active
Recent Topics