Sugar

Merk
on 6/23/16 4:56 am

I am a sugar addict.  There I admitted it.  It is what got me into trouble in the first place.  And it almost got me into trouble again. 

Thankfully i came across a documentary called "That Sugar Film"  Now I understand how sugar affects me and why I am always hungry when I eat foods with sugar in them.  It is available on Amazon Prime if you have that.

My gastric bypass was on 9-1-2011 I dropped 160lbs.  Earlier this year I had gained 35lbs back.  April 1st I cut all sugar from my diet and I lost 30lbs so far.  

I just wanted to share if anyone else is looking for a way to get back on track.

Renren
on 6/23/16 1:13 pm
VSG on 12/02/15

I stopped having sweets a year before my surgery. My only exception was I a small slice of cake at my Niece's wedding. It was delicious, but I realized I was so much hungrier the next day. Now I treat sugar like it's the enemy. I always gain weight and feel super hungry all the time when I allow myself to eat sweets.

5'2.5" Surgery date/ 12-02-15 Dr.Valentine Boise ID

Highest:289 SW/212 CW 122

Goal/125-130

Goal reached at 10 months

Merk
on 6/24/16 5:49 am

I not only cut out sweets like cake, but there is so much sugar in almost everything.  Yogurt, so called healthy cereal, everything.

I have been following an Atkins type diet. 

Laura in Texas
on 6/26/16 5:58 am

Me, too!! For the most part, the only sugar I consume is the lactose in milk and dairy. I keep mine below 30 grams a day, which helps my cravings.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 6/26/16 10:06 am

Sugar and other carbs seem to be the big offender for weight gain. I had a DS procedure at the end of 2014, and can eat as much of anything I want without gaining weight. The problem for me is too much sugar and high carbs make me feel lousy health wise, so I still need to lower the amount I've been eating - about 140 grams sugar and 270 grams of carbs. It also makes for a lot of bowl movements I'd rather avoid.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/26/16 2:42 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Yep sugar addict here too, this will probably be my kryptonite for the rest of my life. Some days I can do "moderation" & not fall down the rabbit hole. Other days are like quicksand & I'd have to claw my way out. 

That film looks interesting, gotta check it out. Thanks for posting.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

JB1114
on 6/28/16 8:06 pm - Grain Valley, MO

The first year after my RNY, I avoided sugar afraid of dumping plus it isn't anyone needs.  Then I starting eating a little of this and that and now 8 years later I eat it more than I should.  It does make me hungry and a little bit makes me want more and more.  I need to eliminate it for good.  At times sugar makes me dump and that should be enough to make me eliminate it.

I need to lose some regain and getting back to basics is what I need to do.

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

slrm2m2
on 9/7/16 6:26 am - Canada

I am also a sugar addict.  It's not just added sugars or refined carbs, but I also have to watch my fruit consumption.  I do best eating protein, non-starchy veggies and small amounts of starchy vegetables (sweet potato, peas, squash).

No sugar,  no flour, no grains. And no junk food ever.  I am not eating that way right now consistently and feel stuck in a binge eating pattern, but I know how my body feels best and what way I need to et for health, vitality and weight maintenance.   The challenge is doing it consistently.  I consider myself an addict and I am working on abstinence and recovery.  One day at a time!

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

Estherg1211
on 9/23/16 10:47 am
VSG on 06/20/16

The best advice I got and to which I still adhere is never eat anything with more than 10 grams of sugar per serving.

saletiajohnson
on 12/15/16 2:24 pm - anchorage, AK

I know I am extremely addicted to sugar. But, boy do I have a hard time letting it go! I love my coffee creamer, my sweet treat my snacks. How did you guys just give it all up. I'm afraid to give up sugar because I don't want to end up binging later on down the road. What helps you guys?

HW:333 SW:309 (7/14/09) CW:135

Plastics In MEXICO on 09/07/2015.

Arm lift/ Thigh lift / breast lift w/ implants/ lower body lift

Most Active
Recent Topics