Regaining weight - 4 1/2 years out

Cheryl C.
on 7/21/16 7:41 am - NY
RNY on 02/29/12 with

I had RNY 4 1/2 years ago.  Was awesomely successful.  Got to a comfortable, easy to maintain weight, and life was good.  Since last fall, I've gained back 30 pounds!  YES!  in less than a year...  I feel horrible.  I look horrible.  My clothes are all too tight.  I had to shop in THAT section of the store again.  I'm so depressed.  Any advice on how to kick start myself and get those 30 pounds back off?  I'm NOT happy!!!!  Appreciate any help...I want to fix this NOW, before it gets worse.  

Cher    

mrsfloflo
on 7/21/16 6:18 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

I'm not sure how credible my advice is especially since I'm in the same position (I want to lose 20-25lbs). But one thing I can say is that finding an accountability which is easier said than done is super important. Probably even more important (and super cheesy) is that do not give up on yourself. Think this is 30lbs and if you give up it could be more - this is very much in your power to do! 

The other thing is to take inventory of all the good habits you had and see which ones you need to bring back (i.e. water, limit carbs, food journaling) whatever it was that kept you disciplined. 

It's been super hard for me to put this into practice and stick with it for more than 2-3 weeks at a time. It seems like life gets in the way for me personally - but I have to be honest with myself that I'm not putting my health first - everything else seems to take precedence and I need to start taking care of myself.

One way is to get back on Obesity Help (for sure) and pay it forward.

Cheering you on and open to connecting and helping each other out... 

"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

JB1114
on 7/22/16 6:19 pm - Grain Valley, MO

I'm 8 years our and also have some regain of about 10-12 lbs.  Just recently, I've decided I need to prepare food for me whether my family (hubby/son) eat it or not.  All this time I've pretty much prepared meals that they like and I eat what they eat, just smaller quantities.  This week I fixed myself Quinua and had that when they had mac and cheese.  I made Cloud Bread for me. 

Tracking your food each day is very helpful.  I use Sparkpeople.com and have set up my nutritional info to show calories, fat, fiber and protein grams.

Sorry I don't have the magic recipe to lose regain.  I'd be very rich if I did.  LOL

~Jo~

RNY: July 8, 2008

Dr. John Price

Kansas City, MO

paisley987
on 7/26/16 5:33 pm
VSG on 09/24/12

I hear you.  i've gained the 30lbs as well and feel like crap.  I'm looking for something to kick start me back as well.  I was thinking Jenny Craig.  I have a hard time making food choices as I get bored so easy.  I don't want chicken 5 days a week.  You are not alone!

sweettooth58
on 7/28/16 6:00 pm - IL

I am right there with you guys...one week to go till my 40th reunion and now I want it gone again...I am trying shakes for a few days...hope this helps...good luck to all of you....

Bluebowl
on 7/30/16 6:28 am

I give myself a 10# buffer  If I am up 10# I know to back off the food.  It has worked for me and I am nearly 12 years post op.  I really don't do anything special for my food intake.  I just eat small quantities.  I would suggest an excercise plan even if it is just walking.  

A. Me
on 8/15/16 8:12 pm
RNY on 04/05/10 with

I weight 189 need to get back down to 145 lbs... Surgery was 2010.   Since then I had a year of chemo and total hysterectomy last July with 13 tumors gone!  So, had a little hiccup....  On this journey... But now I am here ready to get back on track before I am back to where I was 330 lbs.  THAT IS NOT HAPPPENING..... So, I am looking for some peers that need to lose I am in 14s and want back in my 6s,  HELP... PLEASE :-). Know the struggle.... Let's do this... Who is in?

mrsfloflo
on 8/24/16 6:29 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

I'm totally in- I guess my only question is what does in look like LOL -do we have check-ins? I'm flexible and would just appreciate the accountability 

i would love to be able to have a support group community that meets via google hangout that would be great and fit into busy lifestyles...

anyone else?

My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Merk
on 8/16/16 6:51 am

I am a sugar addict.    It is what got me into trouble in the first place.  And it almost got me into trouble again. 

Thankfully I came across a documentary called "That Sugar Film"  Now I understand how sugar affects me and why I am always hungry when I eat foods with sugar in them.  I am not just talking about cake and sweets, but even the "healthy" food is loaded with sugar.  It is available on Amazon Prime if you have that. 

My gastric bypass was on 9-1-2011 I dropped 160lbs.  Earlier this year I had gained 35lbs back.  April 1st I cut all sugar from my diet and I lost 36lbs.

I just wanted to share if anyone else is looking for a way to get back on track.

mrsfloflo
on 8/24/16 6:30 pm - Grand Prairie, TX

How were you able to remove sugar from your nutrition plan- I've heard this before and I just always wondered what type of food is left to eat I'm OK with eating the same thing over quite often I just don't know what that looks like when you take sugar out any guidance would be much appreciated

Most Active
Recent Topics