Getting Back on Track Strategies

Debra Welker
on 9/20/17 1:40 pm - Kaukauna, WI

Great tips, I never drink soda and have been getting in a gallon of water each day. I'm working on the wine tthing but really enjoy it

Kathy S.
on 9/20/17 2:45 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

LOL, I enjoy a glass from time to time also

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

FitChickinOnederland
on 9/26/17 11:06 am
VSG on 10/17/14

I had VSG back in October of 2014. My HW was 314, day of surgery I was 290, and my lowest weight so far has been 157. I had a panniculectomy 2 months ago, and have put weight back on while recovering from surgery. I am currently sitting at 175, and I'm so frustrated. I really want to get back down to 157 and ultimately to my goal weight.

Kathy S.
on 9/26/17 12:28 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Track what is going on and what you are feeling when you reach for the high carb foods. You will see a pattern and can make changes one at a time to address those red flags. This comes from the heart I swear, plastic surgery is such a gift and you don't want to mess it up by putting weight on. Trust me, the skin will stretch out over and over and you will lose that tightness you desired.

Keep me posted on how you are doing and what I can do to help.

FitChickinOnederland
on 9/28/17 8:49 am
VSG on 10/17/14

Thank you so much. Is it okay if I can private message you?

Kathy S.
on 9/28/17 1:22 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Absolutely

StephanieF.
on 9/27/17 9:19 am

I'm with y'all! I have a bigger regain to lose, after 11 years from my RNY. I am working to get off 75 pounds. I hate how big that sounds, especially when I remember being like some of you ladies saying "I have a regain of 20 pounds/30 pounds/40 pounds to get off..." I wish I had started working on this before it got higher and higher!

Definitely stop drinking with meals. Pretend you're diabetic and can't have sugar. (You would be if you hadn't lost weight, anyway. Just give it up. Talking to myself, too!)

Move more. Drink water between meals. Add a protein shake. I'm doing at least 3 a day instead of breakfast and lunch, and having a healthy dinner of protein and veggies. I always see weight loss when I do this, plus drinking those first two meals in a shake instead of eating helps my pouch feel tighter.

Have a great day, everyone! We've got this!

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

danigirl42
on 10/2/17 7:29 pm - PA
VSG on 01/02/13

I'm 4 years out and have gained back 50lbs of my 150lb loss. My mistake was not being more careful once I got pregnant. The more I gained, the more depressed I got and so on and so forth. Here I am, my son is now 2 and I'm staring at myself and thinking horrible things about myself just like the old days. I am going to get active on here again and pull out my old trusty manual as reminders of how important this is.

StephanieF.
on 10/7/17 9:23 pm

You can do it! Don't give up. :) We're here to help you through the struggles or answer any questions. I bet your two year old is precious! I had three boys and loved being a boy mom. Still do, of course, it's just that now they're college students. It's a different life and it happened in the blink of an eye!

Extended tummy tuck/hernia repair on July 28, 2008! Five pounds of skin removed!
Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.  Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice. ~W.D

Weight at surgery on July 26, 2006: 304 lbs
Lowest weight: 147 (157 pounds lost!)
Regain over the past 2 years (2012-2014) - 59 pounds
REBOOTING! :) Working on losing back down to 160 (beginning Jan. 18, 2015)

LisaLeal
on 10/10/17 2:35 pm

OK ladies, I am back in. I've read everything there is to read regarding the ten day pouch test, the five day meat test, I've gone back and looked at my weights and measurements on my fitness pal during my initial loss. It took me nine months to lose 110 lbs. My surgery weight was 267. My lowest weight was 149. I only stayed there a day, I quickly rebounded back into the 160's but was perfectly fine with it at 5'10 and a size 8. I am now 190. My goal is to get back to the 160's. The most disappointing thing is my measurements, and I think that is somewhat due to me being a complete exercise freak/weight lifting guru back then, plus running everyday. I have a long commute now and a 10-12 hour workday, so I'm gone from about 5:45 a.m. to 7 pm and its not possible to work out and do two a day sessions anymore. I am thinking I can get in two sessions of walking and light lifting on my lunch hour (on the days I don't have meetings) and then two sessions on the weekends, so maybe four hours a week of working out.

I've gained four inches on my waist, three on my bust, two in my arms, five on my hips, and two on my thighs. :( Size 8 to size 12.

For a few years after the bypass, I was eating VERY clean and logging all of my food. I had 1200 calorie days Monday through Friday and 2500 calorie days on the weekends (alcohol related mostly, not food.) BUT only on the weekends and usually one day of the weekend. I agree with the approach of eating veggies and proteins and doing very low carb to reset things, because I can't imagine going back to the sugar free popsicles, puddings, yogurts, etc. My previous meals, on a daily basis, were veggie omelets, turkey and cheese wraps, salmon with brussel sprouts, grilled chicken and salad, scallops and a veggie, shrimp salad, etc. I can do that. Its yummy food! Just have to get disciplined again.

I'm going to stay accountable to this thread and hope that everyone chimes in.

Most Active
Recent Topics