15lbs in 5 months! HELP!!

Jill1030
on 4/30/18 4:07 pm
DS on 12/02/15

hey everyone!

So ill try and make this as painless as possible.

I had surgery 12/2/15 I started out weighing 215 I lost 13 lbs in 3 months doing the nutritional counseling before surgery. So after surgery I was 202 I lost 72lbs in 4months, bringing me down to 130. My dr.'s goal for me was 145, I couldn't except that so I exceeded it. I have no extra skin.

When i started gaining weight was when my psychiatrist took me off of one of my meds that helped me suppress my appetite (wellbrutrin.) I know I shouldn't of listened to her, but I did. :( so while i was off the wellbutrin i just ate and ate and ate. I literally cou;d NOT CONTROL my self. I wanted to stop I know i was doing the WRONG THING. The wellbutrin helps me with my anxiety (without wellbutrin i eat for anxiety) on top of me being still depressed from having my son 3 years ago. trying to find the right medicine. Well little did I know she was the wrong Dr. well actually I did now I just didn't have the energy to change Dr.'s and finally I did it a couple of months ago. And now i feel like the Wellbutrin is only somewhat working. I went back on the same dose as i was on before the other Dr. took me off. I'm still eating how im suppose to. and even though the scale isnt going up i feel like my hips are getting wider. it might only be me, as im sure many of you still feel fat when your really not. I need help I don't know what to do.

Amy R.
on 5/6/18 7:19 am, edited 5/6/18 12:20 am

This part of OH doesn't get much traffic - as I'm sure you've noticed ;)

If you can head to the Main Board and leave your message and questions there, you'll likely get more input. A lot of us have been through significant regains and have been successful at losing the weight again. I've had a couple episodes (I'm a slow learner I guess, lol). One was 40 pounds and the last one in 2016 was over 50 pounds. I've re-lost them both and actually got to my lowest post op weight ever seven years after my original surgery.

So it is definitely possible to lose any amount of regain. I'm certainly not the only one who has done so. You might try typing "regain" or some such in the search box and you'll likely get many results. I'll try insert the link to the Main Forum here so you can get a bit more feedback.

Oh and good luck. You can do it. With or without Wellbutrin.

edit to add link:

Here is the link to the General Discussion Forum

Laura in Texas
on 5/6/18 1:43 pm

It is normal to regain after the 2 year mark. Forgive yourself and start from here. Track every bite somewhere like myfitnesspal. We are often eating more than we think we are especially the further we get out from surgery.

Make a plan and follow it. Good luck!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

ShandrewsCA
on 5/8/18 3:53 pm - Coeur D Alene, ID

I'm so sorry, I know how difficult regain is! I started a Ketogenic lifestyle in December and have done well. I have a more in-depth post under the RNY forum if you want to take a peek. Be sure to talk to your doctor though before changing your diet :) Good luck!

Pre-RNY Weight: 280 lbs (09/14/05)

Lowest Post-Op Weight: 140 lbs

Starting Ozempic Weight: 180 lbs (08/26/22)

Week 1 Weight: 174 lbs (09/02/22)

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/17/18 4:02 pm

I am sorry to hear about your regain. IMO, it is rather difficult to lose the regain, but rather possible. Low calories, but higher proteins is suppose to help. I hope you can find a balance.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Recent Topics