Hunger....

dcox94
on 7/29/05 1:24 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Yes what a GRAD theme, HUNGER. I knew it wasn't gone forever but it was nice while it was on vacation. How are you all dealing with hunger. When do you feel the most hungry? What seems to trigger your hunger. For me I think I have conditioned myself to eat at certain times and when I don'****ch out...I can eat a dog or cat! I know the dog is higher in protein and the portion size is larger.....so that is what I go for the larger portion! How do you not want more? Debbie
Elle Felts
on 7/29/05 1:52 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
I DON'T GET HUNGRY. I JUST EAT TO BE EATING. NOW ISN'T THAT SAD? I'VE BEEN CARBING ALL DAY, DOUBT IF I GOT ANY PROTEIN AT ALL. IT'S JUST BEEN A BAD BAD DAY FOR ME EATING WISE. I AM USUALLY SO GOOD AT GETTING MY PROTEIN, WATER AND EXERCISE IN, BUT NOT TODAY. I JUST WANNA CRY. OH WELL, BETTER LUCK TOMORROW, RIGHT??? SORRY FOR TYPING ALL CAPS, BUT I'M HAVING SOME EYE PROBLEMS WITH MY DIABETIC RETINOPATHY. I'M HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH EYE HEMMORAGES AND THE ONE I HAVE NOW IS INOPERABLE, SO WE'RE HOPING THAT IT WILL CLEAR UP SOME ON ITSELF, OTHERWISE IT'S NOT GOING TO BE GOOD FOR ME. ELLE
WendyNVA
on 7/29/05 10:01 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Elle, I do that too. Never feel actual HUNGER since surgery. If I go too long between meals I get lightheaded and feel nausea, but no hunger pangs. I just eat to be eating, and at almost 4 years post op, too much and too often! Why do we do this? I wish I was more of a schedule type person than the spontaneous type Wendy
dcox94
on 7/30/05 5:06 am - North Wilmington, DE
I have had a few of those days too! And carbs are easier eating than protein some days! Hope things improve for you tomorrow! We have to look at it one day at a time. If we don't do well one day we have to say oh well....and focus our energy on making tomorrow a better day! Take care. Debbie
WendyNVA
on 7/29/05 10:05 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Debbie, Great theme! I wish I was conditioned to only eat during scheduled times. My first year post op I was the model patient. Ever since I let the evil carbs pass my lips, its been struggle. The further out I get, the more I see old things happening, like munching at night while watching TV. I remember my first year post op, not going to bed until I'd finished xxx amount of fluids. Would be sucking down my fruit 2-0's while watching TV, instead of trying to find some pretzels. I've got 3 dogs and a cat, and thankfully haven't ventured to that area of protein yet! As far as hunger, I dont get it.. .just the urge to eat. If I go too long between meals, I get light-headed/dizzy/nausea, but not hunger. Wendy
dcox94
on 7/30/05 5:10 am - North Wilmington, DE
Hey Wendy, I see we are all going for the carbs! Now that we can eat more they do come back to haunt us huh! I wish I had the light headed feeling vs hungry feeling when I go to long between meals. I don't do it often just when I am really busy and don't have time to think about what time it is...We can improve right?
WendyNVA
on 7/30/05 6:23 am - Va Beach, VA
Absoultely, we can always improve! Hope is always there Wendy
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/05 6:03 am - Fort Myers, FL
Wendy--Welcome to the grad board so nice you stopped on over. Had to laugh--" I've got 3 dogs and a cat, and thankfully haven't ventured to that area of protein yet!"--You and Lei really are close aren't you?
WendyNVA
on 7/30/05 6:29 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey Lynda, Thanks for the welcome, glad I found this place. Yep, we're tighter than tight, love that gal! Wendy
Larakatya
on 7/29/05 11:11 pm - Twin Cities, MN
Hi Debbie, I have hunger - believe me I do. And when I'm working out (I'm training to become a runner) it is even stronger. For me its all about what I'm choosing to eat. I can eat simple carb until the cows come home (DARN THOSE CHIPS!) But with dense protein its still only a small amount that I can get in. The control comes down to making the right choices. Some foods provide a lot of nutrition and satiety in a small amount, other foods provide garbage and take a lot of useless calories to do it. I get hunger triggers when I'm thirsty, bored, sad, emotional, lonely, tired, stressed, when I've eaten too much carb already I want more, or when I've worked out a really good workout. I try to manage the root cause of the hunger - whether emotional or physical - and when I've earned it through physical exertion I relish my reward for a job well done. Keep plugging away, one day at a time. ~Lara Lap RNY 4-1-04 400+/190 @goal (6'3" tall) Date of first Half-Marathon - 10/2/05!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics