23 month Grad checking in..

The Incredible
Shrinking Pooh

on 7/29/05 7:02 pm - Sylacauga, AL
Hey you guys. Nice to meet some of you. I just found Elle's link to this board on the Alabama board and decided to check it out. I haven't been on the boards much lately. My hubby had back surgery on 7/18 (major back surgery!) and we are dealing with that right now so I don't have much time for board surfing. I hope to get back to it soon. I will be two years out on August 26th. My message board pic doesn't even look anything like me now so my before pics on my profile definitely don't! I am down 225 pounds from 375 to 150. I don't even recognize who I am any more! Of course I have food issues, I think all of us old timers do. I still do not get hungry, thank goodness that never came back! But like Elle, I eat just because. I eat because I know I need to but don't always make the best choices. I second guess everything I put in my mouth and will beat myself up if I eat something I consider the "wrong" thing even though the nutritionist has told me that I can have anything I want now in moderation, not to deprive myself. My mind just won't wrap itself around it being ok to have a bagel or cereal for breakfast. If I had my way about it, I wouldn't eat at all but I know that isn't an option. I do much better when I don't eat. Like some of you said, once I put that first thing in my mouth it seems like it is all down hill from there. I am glad this board got started up. Maybe we can help each other deal with some of the long term post op food issues we all still have and the newbies don't want to hear about. They all want to think it is a magic pill and we all know different! Thanks for having me! Sandi Custer 375/150/145
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/05 6:12 am - Fort Myers, FL
Sandi--welcome to the new board. Congrats on doing a great job. Hope your hubby recovers quickly from the back surgery. Hope you find the time to visit regularly, I'm thinking we all have a lot to share with eachother.
dcox94
on 7/30/05 12:34 pm - North Wilmington, DE
Sandi, You have done a great job. Our friend food is a real pita for me! I like the magic pill syndrome and do miss it....The big losses on the scale were a real high for me. It was exciting. Now its...what the same number or if I am really unlucky its gone up! Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics