I dont want to be rash....

proteinprincess
on 7/31/05 1:40 pm - AL
...but I am. Well, I'm not rash but I do have one. I dont know if this is related to WLS or not.. quiet frankly, I dont know what it's related to, but I need help!!! About a month ago I started itching and I assumed it was stress. My (last) daughter was getting married so yeah I had some stress related issues. However, it's been three weeks since her wedding and I have not stopped itching. I am being treated by my PCP but he admits that he has no clue what is causing my itchy rash. He is presently treating me with steroids (I had a shot and he gave me some cream). He said it could take a week to see an improvement. Well, it's been a week since the shot and almost a week since the cream was started... I'm still itching. On a long shot, I called my dietitian. She did some research and said that a deficiency in the B complex vitamins could cause skin problems. My insurance wont cover the lab test to confirm a deficiency, but I started taking a B complex just in case. I am still itching!! I have not changed detergents, soaps, etc... but I did change my multi-vitamin brand, so I have stopped taking those. I am living with bottles of calamine and benadryl in my hand. Has anyone had such severe itching??? What caused it? What cured it? If you have any ideas, suggestions, home remedies, I'll try anything.. you might literally be saving my skin.
Tessy716
on 7/31/05 1:59 pm - King George, VA
I got a itchy rash 3x since I had surgery. It always started on my back and was on my chest and the tops only of my arms. I have a friend who works for a dermatolagist, and she got me some sample creams one called pramosone and it worked. It took a few days but it cleared it up. I suffered for about 2 weeks before I ask her. I used rubbing alcohol on it and it didn't work. I ask in our support meeting if anyone else had have this happen and no one had. I do think it has something to do with it tho. I have been taken more mg. of vitamin B, maybe that was what helped it heal. I know what you are going thur. I hope you find something that helps a hun. ~~T
proteinprincess
on 8/1/05 3:53 am - AL
~~T I am using Novacort cream. I dont know if it's helping or not. It's changing the texture of my skin though.. it feels thin, but the doctor said it could cause thin skin. I went to a home remedy site and tryed a few suggestions I found there... I'll tell you now that applying a banana peel does not work.
Amanda-DS
on 7/31/05 10:36 pm
histamine response to exercise, and it is actually fairly common- I have had oit for years, that is why I do water exercise it does not raise the body temperature and there is a reduced histamine response. However everytime I do a charity walk- I have to take allergry medicine before the race even starts and several hours later here is a weblink add http: in front //www.physsportsmed.com/issues/2003/0603/sweeney.htm
proteinprincess
on 8/1/05 3:57 am - AL
~Kim, That's not odd at all... I itched while I was losing weight too. I have not lost any weight in over a year though. I always itch when I sweat. I guess that is simular to the same thing you mentioned about exercise. Fortunately, since losing weight, I seldom sweat.
Elle Felts
on 7/31/05 10:54 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Hey Gina, I don't have and answer for you, but I sure did want to say hello Good to see you and i hope you find something to help you soon. Elle
proteinprincess
on 8/1/05 4:39 am - AL
Elle, Thank you for the well wishes.
Delores S.
on 8/1/05 2:27 am - Country Road, KY
Sorry I can't help you on the itch but hope you find something soon so you will feel better. My only problem right now is charlie horses. They are not in the usual places. They start about two or three inches above my ankles on both feet. my toes begin to draw outwars and under at the joint then my whole foot and lower leg twists. It is the most painful thing I have ever endured. I cannot walk when it does it and it affects both feet at the same time. i cry. It is awful and sometimes from there, I will feel my whole leg begin to twist and hurt all the way to my hip. I take all my vitamins bo I don't know what it is. I had a few episodes about two years ago but for the most part has been gone until recently. I see my doc the last of August and will have blood work at that time. maybe I will get some answers. I have never heard of anyone else having these. They are not regular charlie horses. my toes bend so far under, they touch the bottom of my foot and you can't take your hand and pull them up. It is so painful.
proteinprincess
on 8/1/05 4:37 am - AL
I get weird muscle cramps. I know what you mean about not being a regular Charlie Horse... I even get them in my back. Charlie Horses can be caused from low potassium so when I have these episodes, I eat a banana or two. I dont get them often but when I do, it is an event to be remembered.
**willow**
on 8/1/05 3:07 am - Lake In The Hills, IL
Have your liver enzymes been checked? if not ask for it asap. Elevated liver enzymes can cause serious itching.
Most Active
Recent Topics