Hey Guys and Chickies

izdawnie
on 8/1/05 10:05 am - Haynesville, Me
Am here again tonight, wow 2 in a row....... lol..... Whoever made this room for us knew what they were doing, I feel a lot more comfortable in here.... So how did our pact go today, did we all stay on track.... I did ok, and yes got in 2 bottles of water to boot..... and only 1 diet vanilla coke..... no sugar at all today cept for the squirt of flavored creamer in my coffee.... I had a lax day today too..... did dishes took a shower and cuddled in my recliner and did some knitting, oh and did any of you guys see Days and Passions today???????? Wonder who Marlana will choose when she gets her memory back Jack or Roman? Personally I hope for Roman, and I cannot wait for Sammy to slam dunk Kate..... Love ya's, Val
Evelyn J.
on 8/1/05 10:21 am - Cedar Lake, In
I'm here, I had most of my liquids but I had hand full of pretzels and 2 small slices of pizza I know I shouldn't have had. Also I have not been walking my 4-5 miles a day in 3 weeks, I feel so guilty, but do I do anything about it ???? DUH NO..... The only excuse I have for not walking is it is so !@#$ hot and humid. I watch General Hospiyal, couldn't tell you about any other soap. Ev
izdawnie
on 8/1/05 10:35 am - Haynesville, Me
Ev, I watched GH for years, then one day, I had Days on and I really got into and have been hooked.... The cooler weather will be here soon enough then I can get out and walk some too.... I was going to go out tonight, but we have storms out.... thank god for wireless laptops... lol....
Patty_Butler
on 8/1/05 10:54 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Val, I had a pretty good day - till dinner. After yesterday, I should have done all liquids. Had a protein shake for breakfast; salad and chicken for lunch with Kraft Free Caesar dressing and had a small serving of spaghetti for dinner. I will have another protein shake tonight. I've had a ton of liquids today - it's so hot here that it's impossible to NOT drink. Yesterday was a bad day - foodwise. I had a diet cherry limeade and cheddar peppers (fried cheese-stuffed jalapenos) for breakfast. Then I went to help a good friend decorate for her daughter's wedding - and of course there had to be Jordan Almonds there - had a couple of those. Then the reception - a fried cheese stick, a fried mushroom, two pieces of buffalo chicken and a piece (smeall) of red velvet cake. The thing that did me in though, was a bite of wedding cake - I had a pretty bad dumping session. Decided I wasn't going to eat last night - but relented and had a small amount of popcorn before bed. All in all, I didn't have a thing on my "diet" yesterday. For those of you who don't know - and most don't - I've gained about 20 pounds and am working to get it off. Dr. Warnock has told me not to eat soft foods like yogurt or cottage cheese because they go through the pouch like water. I am to eat lots of salad and leafy veggies and lean meat and seafood. If I want to snack, I am supposed to eat raw carrots, cauliflower and radishes as the fiber in them helps prevent hunger. I've lost a whole three pounds in six weeks. It's slow going but I'm doing ok as long as I stay away from starchy carbs. I can not eat crackers or chips - am totally addicted to them. So, every day is a challenge but one that I am facing. I have down days when I beat myself up, but most days, I do ok. The knee is still a problem as is the anlke I fractured. But I'm taking pain medis and walking as much as I can. I walked a mile at lunch today - would have done more but I left my cane in the office and I could barely limp back to the car. Will post more later. Patty
izdawnie
on 8/1/05 11:09 am - Haynesville, Me
Patty, I know that my Dr, said I would gain back 10% of the weight I lost, he said it was natural, but am thinking without the excercising l know I will probably gain that plus a bit more, this damn lupus is really let me know it is there lately, can't wait for the remission to hit again.... but with the glass half full, am almost done with my second sweater.... lol... I know with all of us here, the support is over whelming and we all will get back on track... have started back on the water bottles today, instead of the diet cokes, and waited 30 minutes after I ate to drink... am trying.... will weigh myself on Friday to see what the deal is.... How is the ankle coming? Am proud of you for walking a mile today, I don't think I could have if I wanted to today, I am going to have to start pushing myself into it again.... Don't beat yourself up, we are humans, and we all make mistakes.. there is always tomorrow...... I am going to try and stay faithfull all week and start taking Sundays off again.... that seemed to work great before, and I didn't feel so deprived... I did buy more peaches and fruit yesterday, so am all set on the snacking side for the week.... will talk with you later, and chin up.... Your doing great......
Patty_Butler
on 8/1/05 11:26 am - Dallas, TX
Val, I only beat myself up occasionally - just to keep me in line. I have finally accepted the fact that I will never be skinny and that I am so much better off than I was 3.5 years ago that I refuse to get down over the gain. I do hate being over 200 again. Dr. Warnock asked me what my goal was and I said 175 - he said NO. Then he said to give him a reasonable goal that wouldn't make me look 110. So I said it had to be below 200. So he said 199. Funny man. But he made me promise not to try to get below 190. I was eating about 500 - 600 calories a day and not getting anywhere - up jumped the old "starvation syndrome". I have increased my intake to about 800 - 1000 a day and I eventually lost a couple of pounds. Now, I'm going up and down with those three - but that's ok. I'm not gaining and some days, the scales do go down. I can't give myself a day off. Once I do that, I get out of control. I am a true "CARB ADDICT". I can leave the sweets alone - after that cake yesterday I have no desire for sweets. But once I start eating the salty snacks, I'm out of control - and eating constantly. I have found that when I leave the starches out of my diet, I don't want to snack. And the good thing with my job right now - I'm so busy I almost forget to eat. Since I am walking at lunch, I have to try to sneak my salad in while I'm working. We are in an upheaval right now - parking registration for the new year and I'm not at my desk - not even in my normal building so everything is a mess. I float around from desk to desk to whereever there is a workstation open. But that's ok - I don't have time to worry about snacking. I honestly think that if I don't lose another pound, I'll be ok. Not happy, but ok. At least, I'm healthy. The ankle is almost as painful as the knee. Couldn't move without my pain meds. The fracture has healed, but arthritis is setting in - and rapidly. The last xrays showed significant arthritic changes. I guess I'll eventually have all titanium joints. Good news is that the technology is there. Patty
izdawnie
on 8/1/05 11:41 am - Haynesville, Me
Patty, Do you know what I love about you the most? Is your honesty, and your openess.. You keep me on my toes, and have since the first day I signed on, Don't know what I would do without you..... As we have talked before I can do without the salty things, me I have a sweet tooth, and I know I could really get in trouble if I gave in... I remember when I used to dump on yogurt because of the sugars, not anymore.... but am proud of myself for walking away from them too... but still could do better... I know I will never be perfect, and am happy at this weight also... but in my own mind I still think 20 lbs would make a big difference on my back.... but I know better..... but is still there... I wonder sometimes if maybe we all try to hard????? and get obsessed with it..... I know myself, head hunger still gets to me.. and sometimes I give in, and other times, I pick up my knitting and turn on a movie.. Is a daily struggle for sure.. but you know what.. I wouldn't want it any other way... Love you, and thank you for being you!!!!!!! Are you packed yet?
~~Stacie~~
on 8/1/05 12:32 pm - the bottom of a long ass state, CA
Patty- can you eat Soy? GenSoy makes these soy crisps, that are so good, I dont even miss chips. My favorite flavor is the deep sea salt. The entire bag is 300 calories, but 21 grams of protein - of course I can't eat a whole bag (at once)..and they are very low in fat.
Delores S.
on 8/1/05 10:25 am - Country Road, KY
i haven't had a good eating day at all. It is so hard after I had to eat all those "bad for us" foods to gain some weight back. I had one pancake for breakfast, protein shake for lunch, small serving of chicken and dumplings with a tiny piece of cornbread for din-din. So far today I have only had two bottles of water. My coffee pot wouldn't work this morning and I nearly had a panic attack. had my hubby ready to drive eight miles to Mc Donalds for coffee before I remembered I have another pot that I use for traveling. WHEW!!!!!!!!! I have been lazy today. Went to grandson's school with him tonight. He wasn't too interested in staying to meet his Kindergarten teacher after he found his desk and ate the candy she had out for them. Took copies of my son's custody agreement so everyone is made aware that dad is to be included on any school descisions since mom is so uncooperative in letting him know about changes and etc. All the step parents were there and if it hadn't been kind of sad, it would have been funny.
izdawnie
on 8/1/05 10:42 am - Haynesville, Me
Delores, I think that is one of my pet peeves, there are so many great Dad's out there that get kicked to the curb by angry spouses, and the dead beat Dad's ruin it all for the good ones...... I would have given my eye teeth for my ex to be involved in my daughters life, he hasn't seen her in almost 9 years, I don't think he would know her if he walked passed her.... I did good on the eating today, had a protein shake for breakfast, some cottage cheese, a few wheat thins and a few strawberries for lunch, then ate some grapes this afternoon, and had some steak for dinner.... Would die without my coffee in the morning, we would have to drive 30 miles into town to get coffee.... lol... but I do like you have an extra pot thank God.....
Most Active
Recent Topics