Crazy but just don't see the difference.

toccaralynn
on 5/12/11 2:45 am
I had surgery last July...and started out at 402 and now down to 220 as I keep working my butt off at the gym. I feel healthier and see the scale but I'm just not sure what I actually look like even in pictures I'm not quite sure. So when I do go out with friends I'm always asking if there is someone close to my body type to point it out to me so I can really see what I look like on someone else. Am I the olny one that does this? I even went to a therapist to get some kind of point of view but she was very VERY WACKY and I just didn't seem comfortable there to every go back.

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/11 4:33 am
Hey, it's good to see you posting again. Haven't seen you around in a bit. I was thepouchedpotato before.

I struggled with my body image a lot from going through such rapid weight loss. I have also battled with major depression and had to get on zoloft,which is my magic drug.

I still trip out when I look in the mirror. I say to myself, "Is that really me?"

Your body image is something that will take time to get used to. Eventually you will feel normal being thin, but it will take time getting used to.
Crazy* ~Beautiful
on 5/12/11 5:06 am - East Haven, VT
hello there, its been awhile since I heard from you my surgery buddy.
good to see you're doing well, congrats on the weight loss, crazy how far we've come!
I am in the same boat...hubby tells me all the time how small I am, but in my mind I cant let go of the 315lb girl. I still head toward the plus size section in stores even lol. Then I realize wow, I dont fit into any of this stuff lol. People also tell me how tiny/skinny I am now...its hard to fathum. I'm so use to being invisible & blending with the crowd. Now I get stared at...I assume its because of my weight, but hubby assures me its because I am beautiful now more then ever.
So I think this will take some getting use to..its like our minds need to catch up.
RNY-7/22/2010-Highest weight 315 / Surgery weight 280 / Current weight 186
1st Goal weight 199~"one"derland-REACHED! 2nd Goal weight 180~-TO BE CONTINUED!
  1st 5K: 29.48-5/19/2011  2nd 5K: 26.47-7/16/2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
amber1982
on 5/18/11 3:18 am
In regards to still going to the plus size section...I do the same thing! I always try on clothes that are too big for me. Our brains are hard wired to think we're still way overweight. Sometimes I look in the mirror and see me at 315 lbs too. It's kinda sad actually. Having so much fun in my new body though.
-Amber
Surgery Date: October 5, 2009

Rianne D.
on 5/26/11 1:38 pm - MO
Oh girl...it took me close to 2 years out before I believed that I am now a size 2 from a size 28.  I used to drive my DH batty with always asking him to compare my size to someone else.  Every now and then I still have flashbacks of being big when I look in the mirror but I'm slowly but surely getting better at realizing that this is me and I need to get used to it!! :)
Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Layouts

"I come this way only once, so let me do all the good I can, for I
will never come this way again."
scales.gif image by strawberryswirlnet
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 434 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2147 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4072 views
Feeling lost