May 23 RNY complication

Jackie_Fabulous
on 5/29/11 7:05 am - NC
  I had my RNY done this pas Monday, and I just got discharged last night.  My opening was at 2cc's , and a normal opening is 10-15ccs, so he had to use a scope and inflate a ballon to stretch my pouch so that I would stop coughing up blood.  I couldn't keep anything down, not even ice chips.

Now I have to take these nasty steriods 4 times a day, and I am so weak!  I can't stop cryinging ether.  I am driving my family nuts and I am just not happy.  I know it takes time and what not, but I feel ILL.

Any words of wisdom?
(deactivated member)
on 5/30/11 12:26 am
I'm sorry you're having trouble. I had strictures also that required dilations, and I was puking daily before I had the balloon dilations...Just hand tight. it will get better.

Nathalie R.
on 5/30/11 12:58 pm - Oklahoma City, OK
Hey hang in there... I promise it gets better. I had strictures too and had to be dilated 11 times before it finally took. My case was an odd one usually you don't need that many. Mine was the size of a pin hold at one point. I know it is annoying and frustrating but in time it gets better. Even though in 3 months I was only home about 10 days (the rest in the hospital) after surgery I would do it again in a heartbeat. I went from 296lbs size 26 jeans to 140lbs size 6/8 jeans. I got my health and my life back. If you need to talk feel free to message me and remember you aren't the only person who has or will go through this.

Nathalie

*~*~* True Beauty lies within the Imperfections *~*~*
Find me on Facebook...
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1437043148&ref=name
Sarah_Anne
on 5/31/11 12:15 am
 Jackie,

Sorry you are going through this.  I think that as soon as you lose 100 lbs you see how worth it all of it is.  

I watched your v-log.  You are so adorable :)  Hang in there.  I know its not easy or fun but remember your goal!  

Sarah
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Jenn aka 2n
on 5/31/11 8:36 am - OR
Hang in there! I went through this about a month after my RNY. It was rough to get through, but I promise it gets better! Just keep your chin up!!
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
SoOrMommy
on 6/1/11 11:41 am - OR
I'm sorry you're feeling so down. If you want to chat, let me know! I can keep you company Hang in there!!
gizmo113
on 6/2/11 12:47 am - Camby, IN
I had a stricture about a month out... It will get better I promise. It wasn't until near the end of my 2nd month when I started feeling and acting normal again. Now, I'm putting on smaller pants and feelings oh so better about myeslf- It's starting to be worth everything I went through! :) 

Follow me on my blog!!! www.fittingmethin.blogspot.com

Jackie_Fabulous
on 6/2/11 2:38 am - NC
 Thanks to everyone for their words of wisdom.  I have started feeling a little better, but I still feel so weak.  All I want to do is sleep all day, which  I know I am not supposed to be doing.  I also am finding it hard to get in my proteins, which is probably why I am feeling weak.  I guess its up to time to heal.  But thanks again for all the words of support and encouragement. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 434 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2147 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4072 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6633 views