4 days post op

sweetgirlt26
on 1/7/12 10:52 pm
RNY on 01/04/12 with
 Hey everyone :) so I'm 4 days out and on my 3rd day of my post op diet. To be honest I wasnt scared scared the day of my surgery until i walked into the surgery room....I started to cry and panic but the nurses and my surgeon were so comforting relaxing me and telling me everything will be ok. My surgery took an hour and 15mins and the first day of recovery was the worst. The morphine mad me feel sick and I couldn't sleep I threw up at night which was sooo painful:/ the next day they requested some other pain meds that were soooo much better and I went to my leak pouch test.... That was a disaster I was still a lil sick from the day before and at first the doctor gave me a lil sip of some DISGUSTING liquid and I was fine then he gave me twice as much and basically forced it down my mouth and I threw it up and he started to complain... Ass anyway I started my liquid diet on day 3 and couldn't really drink much i was released from the hospital on day 4 and now on my 3rd day of my post opt diet my main struggle to the know when I am hungrey or not :/ 
M. Nguyen
on 1/7/12 11:43 pm - TX
 first of all. YOU DID IT!!! congrats!. Ah, i knew how you felt in that moment before i went under. I was freaking out!!! It was like the world slowed down while you lay there just waiting! Sorry you had to go through all of that...its never pretty right after surgery. 

Honestly, don't worry too much about your new lifestyle. Just take it slow day by day. I am confident that you will do great! believe it! here's to a speedy recovery and a great 2012! =)

Matt2011
on 1/8/12 12:16 am - Moorhead, MN
Welcome to the losers bench.  I hope everthing goes well with your recovery from here on out. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

smiley_k
on 1/8/12 4:56 am
 Glad to hear that everything (for the most part) went well! Congrats!

As for the eating, you're probably not going to feel hungry for a while. You are going to have to force yourself to eat and it will be a pain but you need the food and protein. I found it was best to schedule out my meals and then portion it out. If I couldn't eat it all, that was okay, but I had to give it a decent try, and try to eat at all my meal times. 

Best of luck!
Katie  ♥     

new_me_121911
on 1/9/12 12:13 pm - Eudora, KS
 I'm 1 month post op and still never feel hungry! I set a timer that goes off every 3 hours so i can make sure i try to eat something and another that goes off every 5 minutes to make sure i'm gettin my liquids in. But congrats on the surgery and finally being out of the hospital! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2174 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4086 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views