Plastics in your 20's

Fancy4684
on 1/18/12 6:12 am
I have finally hit the century club !!! Which is really exciting but as i look at my skin I dont see me being one of the lucky ones who doesnt need plastics. 

as I start reading on the boards everyone says not to have your stomach done if you plan on having kids beucase its counter productive. I was just wondering if there is anyone on here that has gone ahead and had there stomach done anyway. what did your doctor say would happen if you were to get pregnant  later on ?? 

when i think about how it looks now and what its gonna look like when I loose my final 55lbs I kinda feel like ill want that skin off asap and if  I end up getting preggers and have strech marks from that id be ok with it. 

Let me know what you all think !! 
sundaymorning
on 1/18/12 12:49 pm
 I had a tummy tuck and my doctor said I had to wait at least a year before having kids and it shouldn't affect it too much (i'm planning on waiting much longer anyways).  Some say it will mess it up some say it doesn't. I went ahead and did it anyways because I knew it would make me happy.
MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 1/19/12 12:05 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
yeah, uinfortunately more likely than not, overweight, obese, thin, underweight etc. most women have some sort of tummy transformation after a baby. im not kidding you, even if it's a small change, there is no way you can go back 100% especially if you have a c-section because they cut through like 7 layers of fat, tissue, and most importantly muscle. they pretty much cut through your abdominal wall and as much sit ups crunches etc. you do, you can never go completely back. of course when you are overweight/obese after having a child the tummy is more prevalent than a normal weight woman but still. personally for me i had several stretch marks and my tummy grew in size a lot and started to hang after i had my son but luckily the marks are all mostly faded away but whats left is that new skin that made the stretch mark when you start shrinking you're skin looks wrinkly but its nothing that laser toning and scar removal can't fix. and actually im not a doctor or a surgeon by any means but if it were me and i wanted to have one more baby, i would wait and have a baby first and then have plastic surgery. just because i wouldn't want to risk anymore loose skin, marks, etc. but then again if a licensed surgeon is saying its ok then why not. i just know that skin can stretch marvelously even with stretch marks so i wouldnt want to chance my fresh new tummy tuck with the strain of carry a baby because to me it makes sense that you would probably need another small procedure after a baby to refresh the original tummy tuck.

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/12 7:36 am
I was told to wait for my lower body lift but i didn't listen and I am so happy I didn't. I'm not planning on having kids for atleast 3-5 years so I want thins time to enjoy my new body I worked so hard for! If I need more work later so be it. I feel great it was well worth it

I have posted vids along the way if you have any interest in seeing what the lower body lift is or what to expect.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jenniferhammond88#g/u
brown_eyed_girl_1981
on 3/6/12 11:50 pm
I'm glad truthfully that I didn't get one because when I was pregnant with my daughter I just filled in what was already there and didn't gain any stretch marks from the pregnancy at all I also ended up having a c-section. I still haven't had a tummy tuck yet and my daughter is 3, because I know that we want to have one more child. I'll wait until I'm done to have my tummy done :) It's really your choice.
♥Pam♥
RNY  8/16/06  Starting weight 262 / Current weight 152
ORIGINAL GOAL 160/ NEW GOAL 140   
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2166 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost