pureed foods

sweetgirlt26
on 1/25/12 9:51 am
RNY on 01/04/12 with
 hey everyone i was wondering if anyone has any good recipes because im getting bored of eating the same things every day. would reallyappreciate it :)
Cindy22706
on 1/25/12 10:00 pm - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Maybe go look at eggface's blog? I cant navigate the damn thing to save my life, but she does have some awesome recipies on their.

theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

(orsomething like that)
smiley_k
on 1/26/12 6:48 am
I mostly ate the same foods for my two weeks of pureed. It kind of sucked but my clinic told me to add one new thing to my diet each day so if something didn't agree, I knew it was most likely my new food I added. Plus, I had so much leftovers that I ended up freezing up portions and then just taking out my "frozen dinners" to have at meal times, so I had a lot of repeat items. That was okay with me though because I still didn't really feel like eating and I wanted to stick with something I at least enjoyed.

I lived off of chicken breast cooked in the crock pot with cream of mushroom soup and chicken stock, than puree the pieces of chicken breast until smooth with a bit of the liquid from the crock pot to help the blender along. I would add a bit of Swiss Chalet sauce on top and it would smell and taste just like eating at the restaurant, only in a different texture. You could probably use any package gravy you add water to, to make that is low calories and fat. My clinic said for the 2 tablespoons I used it was fine.

The other thing I had was very basic meat sauce made in the crock pot, pureed and sprinkled with a tiny bit of parmesan (I bought the light canned stuff). It also tasted really good. I've also hear of making pasta-less lasagna similar to this with a layer of ricotta, than sauce than a sprinkle of cheese, cooked in the oven till bubbly (I can't vouch for this though, haven't tried it).

Have you looked at bariatric foodie's site? http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/search/label/pureed%20st age

I made the protein banana cream pie (with the crust which I don't recommend for the pureed stage) for dessert once and it was delicious. But some of her other recipes sound good as well.

Hope this helps!
Katie  ♥     

Lauren312
on 1/30/12 12:22 am - NJ
VSG on 01/04/12
I am just ending my pureed stage and go onto soft food. Pureed was hard. I mostly had scrambled eggs and refired beans. I found a recipe called Lazana Baked, and it turned out to be my favorite thing. I am not sure the exact measurements but if you google it, im pretty sure itll pop up.
Its ricotta cheese with egg and a little italian seasons. You spead it out in a baking dish and then pour tomato sauce on top. After the sauce, you lay mozzerella cheese on top, bake it for 20-25 minutes, and oh my goodness, it was awesome.

Theres are things out there that you can eat without having to really stick it in a blender, you just have to think hard. But no worries, I feel like my pureed weeks flew by. You'll be eating regular again in no time :)
GOOD LUCKKKK!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2174 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4086 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views