RNY Becoming a Reality Soon

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 9/10/12 9:02 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
Some of you on the 20's board are familiar with me and may know that I have been hoping for RNY WLS for about 2 1/2 years now. A combination of distraction, no discipline, and fear caused me to avoid surgery for this long. I started the surgical program with South Bay Surgeons in March of 2010. It is now September 2012 and I am almost to my goal pre-op required weight loss of 285 pounds from 305. A little bit about my story, when I started this program in 2010, I was 292 pounds and was given a required 25 pound weight loss, I struggled and failed numerous times and not only that I was dealing with anxiety and panic attacks caused by life in general, I was a full time student and worked full time and was in a not so great marriage. Fast forward to now and my life although with its normal stressors, is going better and I am a much happier person except for my weight. I feel like I have already completed or on my way to completing most of my personal goals except for my body image and health and I am now more than ready and it has shown. After beginning the program at 292 pounds I climbed to 315, but my highest recorded weight was 311. I met with the doctor and pleaded with her to reduce the pre-op required weight loss. By the time I had asked I was down to 305 and she revised the original required weight goal and allowed me to only lose 20 pounds from 305 with a goal of 285. That was in February 2012. As of September 7, 2012 I am 296 pounds and only 12 from my goal. I saw my doctor on Sept. 7 and she surprised me by telling me that she was going to WRITE THE ORDERS TO SUBMIT FOR AUTHORIZATION IMMEDIATELY. I was caught off guard because usually after these appointments I am left feeling disappointed and just walk out of the office. This time, I was called into a seperate office and given the "goodies". Basically in my surgeons office, once you receive a Lovenox box and a stack of paperwork, you know you are definitely on your way to surgery. With that said, I was given all of these things and couldn't believe it, I wanted to cry. They let me know that I could have my surgery in about 2 months time but I still needed to work on the remaining 12 pounds as much as I could. I am ecstatic and nervous but I know this is something that I have wanted for so long! I am so ready to do this and to start my journey. If anyone has had RNY recently, can you share what the pre-op experience was like when you were extremely close to surgery date and how the immediate post-op experience was? Thanks and I look forward to posting my actual surgery date :)!

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

exohexoh
on 9/10/12 6:09 pm - West Chester, PA
 so happy for you! i know its been a long road

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 9/10/12 10:01 pm - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
yes! thank u hun its been long but well worth it! :)

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

AmberLee72
on 9/19/12 6:10 pm
Congrats!!! You life will be forever changed!!! You will be so happy and comfortable in the new you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2174 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4086 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views