help, no medical insurance

niki62913
on 12/7/14 11:25 pm - bogart , GA

Hey everyone im niki 23 (,24 January 2nd) im from bogart ga. Close to Atlanta ga. Im not scared to say is im 400+ but under 450. Im 5`7 ... im married and my husband and I are wanting to start a family.. he's 30 so not really wanting to wait but will lol. Iv been thinking about weight loss surgery, I eanting to know is there anything or anybody out there welling to do surgery without insurance, & ( I dont have 15,000 or more to pay cash ) cant get a loan... so any ideas.

Y D.
on 12/8/14 1:59 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hi niki

many people travel to Mexico for surgery, I am having my vsg done there with dr Lopez next month, $4600. My ins had too many bs hoops to jump through and it would take nearly a year to get done, so that's why I'm a self pay. There are several well recommended drs on the Mexico forum, check it out.

And I'm sure you know, but it's recommended to wait at least 18 months after surgery to conceive :)

some funding ideas are taking a loan from you 401k, withdrawal from a home equity line of credit if you're a homeowner, family- or sell stuff- your old jewelry, art, furniture, etc.

FindingMe15
on 1/3/15 2:21 pm

Ugh! I am paying 14k for the surgery and a total of 20 for pre and post op mandatory fitness, nutrition, and psych programs. While I am excited about this extra support before and after, it is hard to stomach the high bill when on self pay! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 445 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2172 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4086 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views