WLS experience and advice

Fuffypuff
on 8/29/15 11:53 am

I have been a big girl every since elementary school. I come from a family of plus size women, so I never really excepted much to change. Now I'm 22 and my doctor recommended the lap band surgery, just in case I want kids. I've looked up all the pros and cons and YouTube videos I could find but I'd rather talk to some who has had it. I know I have to ultimately make the choice myself, but I'd like to know your experance with it or what ever WLS you've had.

vdennis92
on 9/3/15 9:33 am

I wouldn't recommend the Lapband it has a horrible long term success rate. I personally didn't feel comfortable with my organs being rearranged as in a bypass so I went with the sleeve. Just chop some off. Lol.

I'm a lifestyle coach now and It Works! distributor. Would you like to try a 90 day challenge with me? You'll receive all supplements at 40% off the retail price and free meal and fitness support. 

eliserz
on 10/30/15 8:17 am

I had the VSG and my doctor said it is ok to have kids after 8 months or so. With any surgery you do you will have to wait to have kids after because you don't want your body to have to heal AND grow a new person. I like the VSGbecause there is less absorption problems because they just cut your stomach. So far it has been 3 months and I'm down 44lbs from surgery. I am also 22 and have always been big since I was a toddler. My doctor said that the lap band has the least successful rate. My mom had it done years ago and she has gained almost all her weight back. So far i've done pretty good with my WLS, the worst part for me was staying in the hospital and I was only in there for 2 1/2 days

Clairbloodybones
on 1/17/17 12:41 am - Plant City , Fl

My recommendation is don't do it my mom had that surgery I'm obese myself and I'm looking to get some kind of surgery because I've tried everything else I wouldn't do that surgery myself my mom can't swallow she can't eat it's literally harming her she will go to the bathroom and throw up if she eats anything too thick or bread just regular bread some soups a lot of meats you won't be able to swallow anything and it does not help with weight loss all it does is make you not able to eat it doesn't help with reducing the urge to eat it makes u unable to eat at all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2166 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6644 views