I'm sure my questions mirror everyone else's but...

mandyvachon
on 8/4/16 8:53 am

I'm still posting as I feel overwhelmed with searching through everything. 

I feel like I have no other options. I am overweight, have PCOS, and eventually want to start a family. I've done everything (or so it feels like) with little success. I'm pursuing weight loss surgery because it worked for my mother. She's 5 years out and has had nothing but success minus some loose skin concerns. I'm hoping that being so young, I won't have as many issues (though I don't expect there to be none). 

I keep seeing all of these horror stories of how it didn't work... Do you think it's because people didn't fix other things in their lives? Do you think it's much deeper? It seems like there's a level of negativity and judgment that comes with WLS that I don't see in other ways. I guess I was hoping for more support. 

Amber Waddell
on 2/3/18 3:03 pm

My name is Amber and I had VSG in 2010. I was 18 years old at the time and weighed 350 pounds. Since then, I have successfully lost 200 pounds and kept it off. I have also had multiple skin removal surgeries.

the VSG worked for me because I made it work for me. I was very strict with myself from day 1 through year 2. There is judgement from everywhere, even I got it years ago and still do to this day.

Bottom line is it's YOUR choice, YOUR life, YOUR body.

I just started sharing my journey on YouTube. You can check it out at

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi6hsyQ60BiKEbRKHehIDuw

I uploaded my first video which shares about me, my background, why I wanted WLS and a little about what i have gone through. Hope to see you there! If you have any questions feel free to reach out to me! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
I regret getting so big
mirandamacie · 0 replies · 444 views
Any "surgery twins" ??
Vampy · 11 replies · 2162 views
Loose skin at 21
nataliaxrivera · 2 replies · 4082 views
Feeling lost
PenguinArmy · 1 replies · 6643 views