Hi there..I'm new to this

Cristina W.
on 3/14/12 12:58 pm - Portland, TX
RNY on 07/16/12
Hi there. My name is Cristina and I am 31 years old. I just saw the surgen for the WLS on Feb 28th. I am waiting to hear back from the insurance on how long the wait is for the surgery. I already have a few of my appts lined up. I have to go see a general surgyen for the upper scoop. That happens tomorrow. I am looking forward to finding out when I will be having the surgery. My mother had the surgery 10 years ago this month. She looks wonderful. I was to chicken to get it done until now. I am greatful that I have her support through all of this. I wanted to know if there was anyone else starting the process for any WLS. I am planning on having the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. This is the same thing that my mom had done. I know I can talk to my mom and husband about this but I feel like i need some different support.
Cristina W.
on 3/16/12 1:47 am - Portland, TX
RNY on 07/16/12
I just found out yesterday that it will be a few weeks before I have my surgery. All I have to do is the mental evau and my scoop and they will start the insurance approval. I have my scoop schedualed for next tuesday and a diet class next thrusday and my evau on sat. I cant believe how fast it is going now. I was in total shock yesterday when I heard the news. But i am happy for the new leash on life that will happen after the surgery
artroxy blue
on 3/17/12 2:04 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Welcome Cristina! I'm also planning to have the RNY procedure, and just finishing up with all of my pre-op appointments. Then it's a waiting game for the insurance. I'm hoping I'll get approved without issue. :)

It's good to have a support system in place before surgery, and it sounds like your mom will be your biggest supporter/mentor in this process. Good luck!
Cristina W.
on 3/18/12 10:56 pm - Portland, TX
RNY on 07/16/12
Thank you. Congrats on getting all the pre-op appts done. I also wish you a lot of luck that your insurance doesnt drag their feet to get the approval done soon for you. I know that the waiting game is the worse. Its worse than christmas sometimes. You are right about my mom. She is my biggest supporter.

I think back and wonder if I would have had the surgery done 10 years ago what would my life be like. How would I be feeling and how much weight would I have lost. But I cant sit around and wonder what my life would have been like so many years ago.

This weekend has been kinda rough for me. I have had everything running through my head. All the appts I have to set up and getting everything else all lined up. I am still in shock on how fast my insurance is with the surgery. Tomorrow I go in for my EGD. I am not looking forward to being knocked out but thank god I have my mom and sister helping with my kids and me. My family is being very supporting. I was worried how my dad was going to react when I told him about what I had been planning and doing over the past few weeks. But he was over the hill excited for me. He has always worried about my weight since I was out of High School. 

Thrusday I have my first diet class already lined up and my mental evau on Saturday. I am so excited to get all this stuff over and done with. I need to clear my head and this weekend I wasnt able to do that. But I hope about this sat I can do that.
artroxy blue
on 3/19/12 8:48 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Good luck! 
Most Active
Recent Topics