Lifting restriction?

Lacie1221
on 6/4/12 4:43 am
 I'm a little over a month pre-op (yay!!!) and doing lots of research to prepare.  One thing they mentioned in my pre-op class is that for 6 weeks, I won't be able to lift anything heavier than 10 lbs.  One small problem - my youngest son is just over a year and I just don't see how it's going to be possible for me to not lift/carry him at all for 6 weeks - I am a stay at home mom so there's nobody else here during the day except my 6 and 3 year olds.  

Did anyone else have surgery with a really young child?  How did you manage?  
MrsPotter3
on 6/21/12 1:16 am
 I have 3 small children and I had realize band surgery last year. I don't know what kind of surgery you are having. Mine was outpatient and laproscopic so  the recovery was fairly quick. I think I only had a lifting restriction for 2 weeks. It will be hard because as a mom you kinda just pick your kids up without thinking.  Will there be some one there at all in the beginning?
artroxy blue
on 6/27/12 10:18 am, edited 6/27/12 10:18 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
I'm a SAHM, too.  I have a 16 month old, and was told I could lift her again after two weeks--barring any complications. She weighs almost 23 lbs. 

My MIL and my mom are going to take turns watching her while I'm in the hospital and for those first few weeks. 
Adrianne_Dawn
on 8/14/12 12:22 pm - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 I'd talk to your Surgeon but you risk causes the stiches inside you to come loose or worse. Plus to be honest it freaking hurts. hahaha You probably  wont want anyone touching your stomach for the few first weeks. 

Most Active
Recent Topics