4 years out vitamin question x-post

Dnicko76
on 10/3/12 2:27 am - Lawton, OK
 Hey y'all I have many questions about being this many years out..... I know that I am going to get bashed BUT I have never taken my vitamins. I started out ok then just stopped within my first year. Now I am paying for it. I don't know what to ask my Dr. What to do. I am far away from my gastric surgeon. I have been in and out of mental hospitals for the past few years. I have been Dx'd with severe depression, bipolar, PTSD, anxiety, borderline personality disorder,body dismorphia. What is upsetting me is that I knew better but I was on 13 medications already and didn't want to take anymore pills. Now over the past year I have not been back to the hospital. The last time I was admitted was in October 2011. I have tried to commit suicide 4 times, all by taking overdose of pills. I stated seeing a new psych dr. He put me on Wellbutrin XL 300 mg Xanax 1.5 mg 3x daily adderall 20 mg 2x daily and rozerem 8mg bedtime. This combo seems to be working. Might need a little tweaking due to chronic insomnia. But I was on so much more. 2 years ago I was taking 10 different meds. I got a DWI in Texas because my driving was impaired. I do not drink I did not abuse pills. But my driving was impaired, and I didn't know it. What makes it worse was that I had my children in the car with me, we were going to a funeral of a family member. That conviction has ruined my life. They charged me with a felony. I received probation. My PO officer in OK said that it was crazy that I got a felony that I would have received a ticket. Then I moved to WI  and my PO here says that I would have gotten a ticket here as well. It does mess with my emotions to know that it ruined my life. I am in a marriages that I hate. My husband makes a great living. But since I cannot get a job due to my felony it makes it near impossible to leave. 

But my question is does not taking my vitamins ave anything to do with my teeth going to hell? 

**********edit***************
I have had to have 3 blood trandfusions due to my body not making something in my blood. I think potassium??? I am a retired military wife I have TRICARE as my insurance. They paid for my Bypass and my LBL. no problem. But the Dental insurance we have sucks. I need tons of work done on my teeth. Crowns all over. About 15k in dental work. I am at the point that I just want them to pull most of them and either give me a bridge or dentures. 

So what other things should I be on the lookout for by not taking my vitamins?

gaigeandgavin
on 1/21/13 7:24 am - Portsmouth, VA

HI, I don't know if I can help but I'm 3 yrs out and just went to the dr here because I was feeling down and moody and sometimes depressed and just tired all the time.. and I like you have not taken my vitamins in at least 2.5 years. Well I'm stationed in japan with my husband whose in the navy.. so no bariatric drs here, but I explained to my PCM that I'm a bariatric patient and they I would like to have my blood work done... any dr can look up exactly what needs to be tested.. I got my results back and my calcium is very low (poor dental because of lack of calcium) my Iron and B-12 is extremely low and Im anemic and they also found a heart murmur.. So I am now back on my vitamins and Im starting to feel batter its going to take at least 3-6 months to get my levels up again.. My dr also said that my Iron is almost low enough to so the iron transfusions... I really want to avoid that...  Ive only been on my vitamins for a week now Im hoping this helps....

Most Active
Recent Topics