problems with hickups or having trouble breathing

joeben2255
on 10/18/12 6:25 am - PA

Is there anyone out there that has a problem with constance hickups over and over a hickup will cause you to take breath of air in and then release. Iwill take the breath in but i don t get the release and i stop breathing and i amgasping for air it also causes pain in the chest and shortness of breath i have had many test done a problem with my heart has been ruled out. Are any bypass patents out there that has had symtoms like the ones i mentioned and if so what did you do about it.
go2neck
on 12/9/12 1:02 pm - CA
RNY on 11/19/12
I have problems with hiccups every time I eat or sit for a long time..however, mine end with a burp..which is extremely annoying but not dangerous..they tend to last between 5 to 10 min. I asked my surgeon about it but he said it was rare and most people don't have to deal with it so that wasn't much help..when mine hit..I lay my head in my arms and wait them out..
I would be concerned if they made me not breathe tho..I would suggest calling your doc to find out if there is anything they can suggest..I feel bad that I don't have answers for you, I just wanted you to know that having difficulty with hiccups happens to others..good luck hun
cstarr
on 12/31/12 4:46 am
RNY on 11/15/12
I get the hiccups alot now. They are rather annoying and sometimes cause vomiting.
Just wanted to to know that you aren't alone with hiccups. The not breathing is concerning though. I hope you and the dr can figure out what's going on.

cstarr

Most Active
Recent Topics