good news!!!

Sarah D.
on 12/12/14 8:14 am

I went to the dr and he referred me to the sergent today. so what is the next step in the prosess?

Han Shot First
on 12/14/14 10:18 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Good for you!  You're on your way, but realize this could take a while.  Here is my own timeline:

April 11, 2014 - Family doctor referred me to surgeon.  She also recorded this as a weight loss consultation.

May 2014 - Met with Surgeon.  He told me that my insurance requires 6 months of supervised weight loss visits before approving surgery.  This is really common with insurance companies.  This counted as my second weight loss visit.

June 2014 - Met with nutritionist - Weight loss visit #3

July 2014 - Nutritionist visit - Weight loss visit #4.  They scheduled me for my psych eval.

August 2014 - Nutritionist visit - Weight loss visit #5.  A couple weeks later, I had my psych eval. 

September 2014 - Nutritionist Visit - Weight loss visit #6.  Paperwork submitted to insurance company for approval.  It came less than two weeks later.  When I got the call, my surgery was in 3 weeks.  I then had three more classes with the surgery group within those 3 weeks, along with an endoscopy a week and a half before surgery. 

October 6, 2014 - Surgery day!  It was just barely under 6 months for me. 

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active
Recent Topics