I'll make the first post of 2018

NCMTNEER13
on 3/15/18 5:42 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Seems like this board is dead, but I'm in my 30's and would definitely like to chat with others my age about WLS. I'm currently in my insurance-required 6 month Weight Loss Program. Once complete I hope to be approved for VSG. I'm 36 and have weighed as high as 321 lbs.

Hope this post will kick-start this board back into action.

Chrissyq333
on 3/27/18 11:26 am - Sudbury, ON
RNY on 10/29/18

I'm 30 and am just looking for more people to talk about this process to! While my family listens and supports me, I don't think they really understand what I am going through. I was just referred by my GP to the bariatric program in my city. I have been as high as 385 (pregnant) and as low (my lowest) 220. I am now 285 and unable to keep the weight off and am terrified to see that 300 mark again. I will be getting the RNY surgery. I am anxious/scared and excited about it all at once and I still have about a year to wait until my surgery.

Referral date: March 20, 2018 Orientation Date: May 30, 2018 Surgery date: October 29, 2018 with Dr Rotstein at St Micheal's in Toronto.

FreedomGirl
on 10/23/18 5:27 am
VSG on 12/27/18

I completely know what you're going through. I'm 31 and, like you, my family and friends (for the most part) are very supportive, but it's not the same as having someone to talk to who is going through it too. At first I was really excited about the prospects of VSG surgery, and I still am, but as it gets closer to my final meeting with my surgeon to schedule the surgery date and as I get closer and closer to checking off all of my pre-op requirements, the more it's setting in that this is really happening and tbh it terrifies me. I've found myself somedays just feeling really alone and almost depressed. I've isolated myself from my friends to an extent because I've realized that our relationships seem to all revolve around food. I didn't see that before. So now, I just stay at home and only do non-food related activities. How are you handling the pre-op stress?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

NCMTNEER13
on 10/29/18 7:02 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Some days are better than others. Some days I feel great about it and excited. I work out. I eat well. I feel 100% committed.

Some days I struggle. I fear failing. I fear complications. Then I don't work out. I don't eat well. I doubt myself.

Fortunately I have more good days than bad days. This waiting process is very stressful. I've been on my WLS journey for almost 9 months now. I still have 29 days until surgery. The closer I get the slower the days go by.

I'm not sure that makes you feel any better but you are completely normal with your feelings. Feel free to lean on me if you need encouragement or advice. The one thing I learned is how awesome the WLS community is that you need to lean on others to get through it.

NCMTNEER13
on 5/23/18 10:20 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Almost halfway through my 6 month pre-surgery weight loss program. I've lost 29 lbs. so far. Down from 320 to 291. Still seems a long way but I'm getting closer.

NCMTNEER13
on 7/12/18 10:42 am
VSG on 11/26/18

5 months in now....weight loss is stalling at around 284. Lost 36 since 2/14. Only 2 Dr. apt left (July and August) before my surgery request can be submitted to insurance. Hoping for VSG in September.

How is everyone else doing?

Chanelcamp26
on 10/9/18 8:46 am
VSG on 07/24/18

Just checking in. Did you have your surgery? How's recovery going?

NCMTNEER13
on 10/9/18 8:56 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Thanks for checking in. No I have not had surgery. I got approval in mid-September. Unfortunately I could not get a surgery date until November 26th. So 48 days to go. I'll have to be on pre-op diet during Thanksgiving, and post-op diet during Christmas. Not ideal, but I'm just happy to get it done this year. I'm hoping that 2019 will be my transformation year. How have you been doing?

Chanelcamp26
on 10/9/18 9:10 am
VSG on 07/24/18

Wow. You are definitely being thrown in at a challenging time. But, when I get frustrated that I can't eat something I remind myself I had already spent my life eating and that is why I had to do this in the first place.

Glad to hear you have your date and things are moving forward. You should join us on the VSG forum. 2019 will definitely be your transformation year.

NCMTNEER13
on 10/9/18 9:21 am
VSG on 11/26/18

I am looking at it this way....This journey is not going to be easy, so if I can fight through and handle these challenges early on and during pre-op, I feel that I'll be better mentally and physically prepared for the challenges in post-op.

I used to be active on the VSG forum, but have drifted away as of recently. A few posters on there rubbed me the wrong way, but the majority of people on there are great and mean well. I'll definitely be looking for more support as I go through my pre-op diet and surgery.

Most Active
Recent Topics