New to the board

Linda S.
on 5/10/06 10:13 pm - McAlester, OK
Hi all! I am 42 and seeking wls. At the moment I am meeting opposition from my employer in covering wls, since they exclude any weight loss treatment- even though the insurance company itself will cover it. Funny thing is I work for a hospital! It is so frustrating!
coffeegod
on 5/10/06 11:40 pm - brandon, MS
Isn't it amazing how ignorant some folks are about fat people? Like we plan to gain all this weight then take the 'easy' way out and have our stomach cut into bits to lose the weight we've gained. It doesn't suprise me at all that a hospital has opted out of covering WLS. After all, the board of directors is there to see the hospital makes money and paying out for insurance claims for 'frivolous' surgeries like WLS is not in that scheme. /i sarcasm off: Okay, rant over. Best of luck to you! I'll keep you in my prayers. Meghan
RNrnrn
on 5/13/06 2:44 pm - talladega, AL
Whaa?
coffee_light_1equal
on 6/4/06 2:22 pm - frostburg, MD
hello my name is ann and i had a date for my surgery june 12th. then i got the call from doctors office that they are still working on my insurance company and right now it is pending. I have new date of july 14th. i am so frustrated i could just scream. Hope all go's well for you and for me .... god bless ann h
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 265 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3567 views