Newbee

Mariah
on 7/2/06 7:17 pm - Richmond, IN
Hi, I turned 43 last week and Im having surgery next week on the 12th. I too have had alot of depression since I gained my wt and am looking to come off of my meds as I loose the weight. I was never depressed untill I got over the 300 mark. Then when I got over 350 I began to not have a cycle, then my hormones and my blood levels got all messed up too. I am having this surgery to get healthy again. My heart and bones just cant take this weight anymore. Mariah
on 7/2/06 11:40 pm - Longview, TX
Hi Mariah. I turned 40 just before my surgery one month ago today! It was a big turning point for me because I looked at my health and thought just as you, my body can't take this anymore and if this is 40, what's 60? 70? 80? Good luck to you on getting off your meds. I have been on meds for depression for many years, and probly can't get off them as I have fibromyalgia, and they help with that pain. But, if I can get a lot of this weight off I will try to get off them anyway just to see. There is just something about wanting to get off all those meds, I'm so tired of them! Good luck next week! Many changes are ahead of you, more in one month than I really imagined. Leigh
ssfsail
on 7/3/06 4:06 pm - Collierville, TN
hey mariah, congrats on your date good luck to you. I am 41 and was told if I wanted to see 50 we need to do this. I have been getting a lot of help from this board, hang in there my surgery date is the 14th so we can heal together. Let me know how you do. God bless, sarina
Mariah
on 7/3/06 6:39 pm - Richmond, IN
Thanks Leigh and Sarina, I'll be sure and keep everyone posted plus Im sure I'll be asking a bunch of questions too. Good Luck Sarina on your upcoming surgery too. Im getting so excited. I only have one week to go. Time is going so fast. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that nothing comes up between now and then. Ive read so many posts where ppl get thier dates changed or canceled. Mariah
on 7/5/06 1:32 am - Longview, TX
Well, those are the right reasons to do it. All my cycle & hormones went out of wach too. As of this morning I have lost 34 pounds in 1 month and 2 days since surgery! I'm feeling so much better! Good luck!
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/15/06 5:58 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Congratulations Mariah.. I hope and pray that all is well with YOU.. .. before you know it.... you will be SKINNY... ... I remember waking up each morning after surgery and just feeling skinnier.. and skinnier.. you won't be able to wipe the grin off your face... but.. that may be a little bit.. I'm sure now you are still in pain.. but it fades more and more each day.. Take care, Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 263 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3565 views