New to forums and message boards

klepingerj
on 7/15/06 2:52 am - Stoughton, WI
Hi all. I'm new to all of this. I've been researching and trying to get this surgery for years. Finally, I got connected to the right people at the right place and, if all goes as planned, will be having surgery in October. I'm fortunate to have the support of my husband and my daughter, as well as my family and my in-laws. I struggle with depression daily - seems like a little stronger this past week. Do any of you remember going through something similar? I look at before and after pictures on the OH homepage several times a day. Other than that, I just try to have faith that this is the right decision and that God will guide me on my journey.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/15/06 5:36 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Johanna.... and I remember exactly how you are feeling.. I use to be some depressed but not too bad.. but I know now after WLS my life is much more happier. Mind you the surgery didn't cure all problems.. ~~i still live paycheck to paycheck~~ but at least I'm much skinnier living that way.. and I started out on this BOARD the same as you.. just flipping thru the BEFORE/AFTER PICS.. and reviewing some of their profiles.. It just truely amazed me to learn of the hundreds or thousands of people who have had the surgery and are living their lives just fine. If not much better... and then after my surgery I started getting on the SINGLES BOARD.. and on there I did meet a wonderful man whom I just visited with about 3 weeks ago.. and he is from Marinette WI.. not sure how far this is from you.... but he is now moving here to KY with me in about another 2 weeks.. So that will be another amazing part of this SURGERY.. I would never have met him if it wasn't for this.. SO THIS SURGERY HAS BEEN A BLESSING TO ME IN MORE THAN ONE WAY.. I HAVE RECLAIMED MY LIFE.. And you will too, keep the faith.... and come and post often or share.. I do remember it was a roller coaster ride up until my surgery date..so just realize that you are NORMAL.. If you want please check out my profile.. you will also see pics of Daniel and myself on there. hugs, Rhonda
SteveApril45
on 8/31/06 9:22 am - frostburg, MD
Hi Johanna when i weighed 598 lbs I was always depressed,it was no way to live,now i'm free and weigh about 224 lbbs and even though I have about 40 lbs left to lose I have never felt better.I also looked at the before and after photos and wondered if I could be like those people,well my before and after picture should be up soon,I hate looking at pictures of myself when I was so big but it is part of the journey and if it will help one person then it would of been worth it....good luck steve
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 264 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3566 views