Hi-new to this category

S W.
on 7/20/06 3:23 am - MI
Just taking a moment to introduce myself, and say Hello. I had WLS Open RNY July 19, 2005. I have lost 151 lbs to date, and just celebrated my 1 year surgiversary yesterday (19th of July). I am 47 and had WLS at 46. I love how clothes fit me now, and everything about not ever being hungry, and those things I use to eat tons of, I have lost interest in. I am angel to 2 people on the Michigan Board, and have an angel for myself as I am seeing a plastic surgeon July 29th and hopefully he will be able to do many wonderful things for me and all the eccess skin. If so, it may be October before anything is done. His name is Dr.Vincent Dinick, MD @ Barix Clinics in Ypsilanti, MI. I am in broadcasting (have been for the past 28 years) and am a horse enthusiast. I do not own any horses, rather I am a volunteer/media/pr director at an Equine Therapy Ranch here in central MI - www.hopewellranch.org. Is the website. Check it out if you want to- I'll be up there shortly as the website is a work in progress at this time. I spend all of my free time at the ranch, riding, grooming, training, and working with the children who come out there. It is my desire to be a mentor/role model and bring laughter into their lives. I am a cancer survivor times 3, having had ovarian, uterine and cervical cancer at age 31. I had to undergo a complete hysterectomy and could never have children. I'm fine now, but notice that programs about parenting and motherhood really hurt my heart. It's just something hard to deal with but it's much better now than it use to be, I am single, 1 cat, and have a wonderful active life now. I run, jog, walk, ride horses, am taking rollerblading lessons from a co -worker, and swim. I also am working on enrollment for Kick Boxing classes sometime in the near future. So if there's anything you want to know, you can : email me OR check out my profile and personal website. Thanks! Stacey in Central Michigan
SteveApril45
on 7/20/06 12:54 pm - frostburg, MD
Hi Stacey welcome and I hope you find good advise and imformation and maybe along the way a friend or two.Have a great night steve
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/23/06 2:10 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Hi Stacey.. Thanks for such a personal greeting.. I too am single but in a committed relationship ~you can catch up on me if you read my PROFILE~.. I'm 45 with no kids.. it just didn't happen or work out for me and now at my age and status I'm content with that. And CONGRATULATIONS to you for being a cancer survivor.... I know that must have been a very difficult and stressing time in your life.. but it appears from all your activity that you are truely LIVING and LOVING LIFE now.. Anywho.. wanted to invite you come and join us on the SINGLES BOARD too.. I'm usually on there and have been for a long time.. as well as the other poster here Steve.. We a good bunch of people.. and there is alot of activity going on there.. usually.. at least during the week more!! and.... that's where I met my significant other.. who's moving to KY from WI this coming weekend.. Have a good day... Rhonda in upper cental KY..
janiey
on 8/29/06 12:30 pm - Bland, MO
test
biggestlosersc
on 9/21/06 5:58 am - summerville, SC
hello stacey,, i was born in michigan,,,,alittle place called jenison,,,,had a cabin between pea**** and irons,,,i loved it there,,,but parents wanted to move to south carolina,,,where my moms from,,,,boy i miss it there i was 13 when we moved,,,long long time ago,,,,,,anyway,,,,,sorry you had to go though so much but im sure you are stronger for it,,,you sound like you are a very stronge woman,, anyway,,,i had my surgery july 25 06 and have losed 45 lbs,,,,now i see you have lose 150 so,,,,,how fast did you lose,,,if you could give me some idea,,,like 1 month 2 month 3 month and so on,,,,just want some idea,,if you dont mind,,,,, friends sandy
S W.
on 10/19/06 11:20 pm - MI
I dropped the most of my weight in the first 5 months. Then after 6 months it became harder and harder. In January 06 I plateaued in the 160's and did all I could to break it. Finally in August I did and managed to stay in the 150's. I am close to goal but still was approved for TT because of the osteoporosis in three of my lumbar. Also-- can anyone tell me HOW do I get to the singles board???? Thanks Stacey W Michigan TT in 7 days (that's 1 week!)
shannon d
on 3/30/07 10:37 am - MI
Welcome Stacey!!!!!!!!!! :secret: Shannon

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 263 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics