Surgery 9-22-06

dee238
on 8/30/06 9:52 am - Sunny South, FL
New to this board, waiting for surgery. 46 years old but recently took a "real age" test and with my weight and medical problems I am 62 years old!!! Hoping to change that drasticaly with this surgery. 62, how sick is that????
MsTD
on 9/1/06 8:34 pm - N/A, NY
Hello Deeanne, I was reading over some of the messageboard messages and came across yours. So very funny that you have shared this with the rest of us. There are times that I tell people I feel like I'm 70 years old or what I perceive a 70 year to feel like, but at times, I think a 70 years feels younger than I do. Therefore I can relate with you. However, you seem to be a few steps in front of me in that your insurance company has approved you. Mine will not. I don't understand why they are doing this to me and from what I can see, others like me who can't get approved. Each day is a struggle, as I am sure you know and understand. I wish you so much luck and I will be thinking of you and hope I can be a friend to you during your journey. Think positive and do not let anyone or anything get in your way of your health this time. Cheering you on and hopes for nothing but the best for you and so many others. Signed, Ms.TD
MsTD
on 9/1/06 8:44 pm - N/A, NY
Hello, again, Deeanne, I just noticed in your profile that you are self-paying for this surgery. I have thought about that and addressed it with my doctor and my husband. The doctor replied, "No, wait, keep trying." I'm not going to express why she wanted me to wait and hope the insurance company kicks in, but her reason was understood and respected. As for my husbands reply, he mentioned, "I am not going to take a loan out so you can have the surgery. I can't afford another bill each month." Again, I can understand where he's coming from and respect his feelings as well. Either way, you have done what you were able and I'm sure that things will turn out for the better for you. I also, notice, your daughter is going to be there with you going thru the same surgery. Congratulations to her as well. It's nice to have someone there on your side during times like this, so, you can both be a support for each other. Signed, Ms. TD
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 264 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3567 views