WLS and health problems

Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 6/21/10 8:52 am - Belleville, IL
Hi everyone.
I am new here (Didn't find an "Introduce yourself forum") so since I am 46 I decided to post my first post here with you all.

I have my surgery date of next week (29th June) and am on the preop liquid diet. Like many of us, I have medical issues, some caused by obesity and some that I had even before (such as autoimmune disease) and degenerative disk disease.

Has anyone else here found that NON-Obesity illness improves with surgery? (Autoimmune diseases, arthristis, menopausal symptoms etc.)?

I am soooo glad to see many others here that are in the "above 30" crowd. I wish you all a great wek filled with sucesses and luck!
Warmly,
Jackie
MSW will not settle
on 7/9/10 12:31 am
I have autoimune issues as well.  There is a chronic illness support group on this site.  For me, wls was of no help.  The nature of my health issues and medications actually makes wl much harder in spite of wls.

If you have intermittent weight gain or trouble loosing post op don't let it get you down.  I wish someone had warned me that we don't all get a honeymoon period.  You will loose the weight.  It may just take you longer.  

Good luck to you.   

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

faith_61
on 1/17/11 11:53 pm - Garner, NC
I have Herniated Disk, my weight gain aggravated this to no end! I could barely grocery shop without being in severe pain. Since WLS, I still have the Herniated Disk, however no pain! I can walk without back pain and no Shortness of Breath or Heart Palpitations!! If you continue to read other posts on the various forums you will find that most WLS patients do improve in their health! Good luck to you!!  
Faith_61
Garner NC

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 263 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3565 views