21 days and counting till surgery

this_is_teri
on 2/1/11 2:49 am - KY
i'm waiting (quite impatiently I might add) for my surgery.  My hubby had lapband almost 2 years ago, so i know a bit of what to expect and as a result i'm not really anxious about the surgery.  I'm more anxious about the after effects, particularly the problem of loose skin.... i know the weight is the biggest issue and becoming more healthy, but is there really anything I can do to help prevent or lessen the loose skin issue?????
  I'm Gonna Do It!
http://this-is-teri.blogspot.com/

Elia-B
on 4/6/11 2:01 pm
  Does the exercise help to activate the connective tissue or something like that?  Or, is it just the toning of muscles that's important for skin?
Doris Cervenka
on 5/13/12 1:45 pm - Ganado, TX
 It help to start taking your vitamins ahead of time.  Biotin Helps you grow new hair.  Three months after surgery expect some hair lose.  I lose only a small amount Thank God.   I was told to start taking my vitamins right away so they build up in your system.  Biotin helps grow new hair and nails.  It helps the skin too. Nothing stops the lose hair .  But, getting your Protein down.
Trish B.
on 2/6/11 1:25 pm - Bennett, CO
as a Health coach I tell my patients... excercise, excercise and lotion...  Take care to make sure you are eating right and keeping your skin healthy.. and Excercise...
Make each day exceptional.. you are in control
Trish

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 264 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3567 views