caffeine & chocolate protein drinks

Ruby R.
on 12/6/11 7:26 pm
I have a bladder problem and my doctor tells me not to drink caffeine.  I drink protein drinks.  Right now I am drinking GNC Total Lean 25 Rich Chocolate flavor.   I know chocolate has caffeine in it.  Am I getting caffeine with these drinks.

Ruby
rny 3/2005
262/125/135
hi/lo/today
5'1"
Samantha L.
on 12/12/11 3:41 am - Petaluma, CA
 Dark chocolate contains the most caffeine at about 636mg per POUND.. an 8 oz cup of coffee has between 95 - 200mg of caffeine.  GNC Total Lean Rich Chocolate has about 50mg of caffeine in a two scoop serving (according to shopping.com).   So two scoops is equivilant to half the caffeine in a lower caffeine cup of coffee.  Does that make sense?  =]  If you are only drinking 1 or even 2 a day, you should be fine (but, I must add that I am not a doctor).  

Cinn
on 1/30/13 5:49 am - MI

One of my favorite protein powders is CLICK. They just came out with a caffein free powder. You can check them out at:   drinkclick.com

velma001
on 5/29/13 7:09 pm - Tustin, CA

Your doctor is right..There are measurable amounts of caffeine in chocolates.Chocolate contains oxalates which can lead to an increase in urinary oxalate excretion. Increased urinary oxalate increases the risk of kidney stone formation. So be careful..

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 263 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3565 views