Best tasting ways to get protein

Mamakitty
on 3/3/12 12:57 pm - Rocky point, NC
 I am getting ready to have surgary. I have gone to the store and seen all types of protein. Can someone please tell me the best products to buy that are the best tasting. Please email me.

Lucky2talk2
on 3/11/12 9:17 am - Renton, WA
I usually get the plain protien powder. I add to soups and at this point just about anything I eat. Generally to warm drinks or blended shakes. I add my flavors by sugar free syrups or extracts... Or fruit or flavors puddings or jello... Pending what I am making or what not, Plain just seems to be the best. I use one that is sugar free, and high protien per less calorie. I buy bigger as comes out less cost. But I know what I like and stick to it.

I beleive it is up to your tastes, and how you want to use it and for what. Also costs.

Best wishes,
Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Marcia B.
on 3/25/12 4:04 am - CA
I like Jay Robb's Egg Protein, Vanilla and chocolate and strawberry are all good and no protein taste.  And you can mix the vanilla with anything it's that light :)
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

AmethystGem
on 6/28/12 2:22 pm
HI,

I just had surgery 6/4/12, so I havent found a good protein powder, yet. 
BUT, I really like the red Passion Fruit Punch flavor of ISOPURE.  Isopure is a clear beverage that comes in a lot of flavors but most of them have a funny metallic like aftertaste.  So, I drink the fruit punch and sometimes I add the MIO SF flavor to it that comes in those little squirt bottles.  Isopure is kind of expensive ($4 - $5 per 20oz bottle), but each 20 oz bottle has 40 GRAMS of protein.  So...... it makes  the 64g goal everyday, esp right after surgery attainable. I usually buy Isopure at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe. 
AmethystGem
KatMom
on 9/6/12 7:25 am
RNY on 07/24/12

Yuck to protein drinks, I hope you find something. The only one I could tolerate was Unjury Chicken soup flavor and even that is not a daily thing. I get all my protein from real foods. Not that hard to do and my doctor totally agrees.
*hugs*

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

Amy P.
on 10/18/12 4:28 am - Liberty Lake, WA
I'm about 18 months out and have finally found a way to make protein shakes an every day love....

I start out the morning with a coffee blended shake and have another mid afternoon. Each shake gets me 50g and they taste pretty darn good.

1.5 scoops of About Time Birthday Cake Protein--25g per scoop
          (my fav by far, no aftertaste, no sugar/carbs--cheapest place is Vitacost.com)
1 cup skim milk--12g
ice
SF Davici Chocolate syrup (the kind you get for flavoring lattes, etc.)
1 T instant coffee

My hubby bought me an extra Oster Myblender to keep at work and it really does make a difference to have the icy-goodness...I just got sick of the thick milk feel of an unblended shake.

If you go onto tryabouttime.com you can get samples....a great way to go before you buy a big tub of something you end of not liking. The birthday cake flavor is pretty light and goes well with fruit syrups too.

Hang in there...you'll find something that you really like, it just takes a while and some experimenting!
                                HT 5'3"~HW 218~SW 208~GW 125

Jaiart
on 10/30/12 2:07 am - MI
If you get creative you can keep it decent tasting. Isopure makes decent protein powder. I add pineapple and use cocoanut milk to make piña colada's. Or ovaltine to make chocolate malts. Also check out bettermd.net they have the best tasting protein products and not all powders either. Soups, breakfast food, snack foods, etc...
great.lakes.girl.
on 7/1/13 10:41 am
Try core power light It's pre-mixed and tasts great It's all natural and lactose free
Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 264 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 520 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 510 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3566 views