A big Weight Gain

Michelle L.
on 8/22/13 12:22 pm

Its Been a while since ive been on..freaking out about a signifgint weight gain....in the last 6 months i've put on 20 -25 lbs. Im drinking water ..walking 35 - 45 min a day. im watching portions and making good food choices, dancing 1 night a week. My weight goes up and down 5 lb ...waht can i do? getting depressed!

Michelle L.
on 8/27/13 12:27 am

Hello...anyone out there?

JenniPenny
on 8/27/13 6:04 am - MN

The only think I can think of is cutting calories and upping the exercise. Your body is getting used to the amounts you eat and is making the most of them. Track every calorie you put into your mouth. Find out if there's something you're not aware of that could be the culprit. We get complacent later on and it's easy to take in more than we think or the wrong foods. Track everything for a couple weeks and see where you are. I'm almost 12 yrs out and taking in 1200-1500 calories per day depending on my activity level. Lots of water and lots of exercise. If I don't move much, I can't eat much or I gain. Switch up your exercise routine, you may need to jumpstart your metabolism again.

jen 11+ yrs post op RNY

Michelle L.
on 8/27/13 6:08 am

Thanks Jenn!!

Im going to get a jornal and log everything!! More exercise and water water water!! Are you dtill getting all your protien with shakes? thanks for the input!!

Michelle

dasie
on 10/6/13 6:45 am
Download the Myfitnessoal App... You'll love it... It is a big part of my success. Log every bite, morsel you put into your mouth. Calories mount up quickly and everything counts

PetHairMagnet
on 10/20/13 9:40 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On October 6, 2013 at 1:45 PM Pacific Time, dasie wrote:
Download the Myfitnessoal App... You'll love it... It is a big part of my success. Log every bite, morsel you put into your mouth. Calories mount up quickly and everything counts

Totally agree! If I put a single almond in my mouth--it goes in the MFP tracker!

And walking so little isn't enough, IMO. You have to get out there and SWEAT! 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

tammym
on 8/29/13 8:08 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

If what you are doing isn't working- Change what you are doing. Try a new diet plan, pick different exercise activities.

Keeping a journal sounds like a great idea! You can figure out what triggers weight gain. Is it skipping breakfast? Eating breakfas****er retention? Activity level? 

Get support- make time to attend support meetings. Alcoholics don't stay sober alone, and if they can make time for meetings, so can we! Food is my drug of choice, and my disease is no more of a choice for me than any other addiction. 

Don't make excuses! Like a lot of people, I always have a great "reason" for not doing what it takes to get and keep the weight off. 

Rose

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/tammym/

Michelle L.
on 8/29/13 8:13 am

Abdolutly true Rose!! Im never gonna be FAT again...I GOT THIS!!

Anneg_11414
on 10/6/13 6:02 am - Buchanan, MI

Michelle...I wish I had some advise for you but I am just at the beginning of my journey.  Doing as much reading, finding out as much information so I can have the best surgery possible.  Scheduled for 1/14/14 and so counting the days.  Good luck in your continued weight loss journey! 

Michelle L.
on 10/7/13 1:39 am

Thanks so much for the support!! Good Luck on your journey. You wont be sad you made this choice. Its just tough at times.

Keep us posted!!

Michelle

Most Active
Recent Topics
how much weight did you lose?
Jetta311 · 1 replies · 261 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 515 views
Hello New Here
14u2c · 0 replies · 504 views
Back to Bariatric Basics
Allison L. · 0 replies · 3557 views