My daughter did not recognize me! (PHOTO)

Mara C.
on 7/30/10 3:56 am, edited 7/30/10 4:54 am - Millbury, MA
Funny story.  Last night we were watching a DVD of my daughter from when she was a baby up until her 2nd bithday (diff segments of her life, holidays, etc).  She is 3 now.  So, she says, "Mumma, I can hear you, but where are you?"  I said, "Honey, that's Mama"  She would NOT believe me!  "That's not you!", I said, "yes, Mommy was much heavier then".  She's 3, so naturally she says, "WHY????"

I didn't know how to answer this correctly, so I just said, "Well honey, I wasn't healthy and needed to lose weight"  She smiled and said, "Yes, Mommy, you are smaller now and healthy".

The mouths of babes!

Funny, then it hit me, she will probably never remember me overweight - except for photos and this movie!  WEIRD!

It was her christening on the DVD (photo from the day below) that she was questioning.
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Jane W.
on 7/30/10 4:46 am - Southaven, MS
Wonderful and touching story, about brought tears to my eyes, thanks for sharing.
5'6"    
Mara C.
on 7/30/10 5:11 am - Millbury, MA
Awe thanks.  It was a real strange moment.

"Create your day"
sqerlygirl
on 7/30/10 5:05 am
This means alot to me and makes me have so much hope for the future :) My dd just turned 6 and I think about this too. When she is older, I imagine she will not remember what I look like now. I think it will be a great lesson for her to see old pictures....hopefully she will learn from my mistakes.

You DO look like a completely different person...and 20 years younger! You have done a great job with your tool!!!

Char
RNY 11/28/10 5' 6"
HW 263/SW 217/CW 130/GOAL 134
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Mara C.
on 7/30/10 5:14 am, edited 7/30/10 5:14 am - Millbury, MA
Oh, best of luck to you!  It's funny during the last year living with me even though the weight came off relatively fast, she did not notice until she saw this.

Thanks, I FEEL 20 years younger too!  You will feel that way too soon I bet!  Good luck!!

"Create your day"
southernlady5464
on 7/30/10 5:14 am
That's a great story.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

lerkhart
on 7/30/10 5:37 am

Mara, thanks for sharing that great story.

I wish I could redo my kids wedding pictures and things like that with me in them, but no way to go back and undo.  My grandkids pictures with me will be that much more special.

Congratulations on your success!!

Linda 

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Mara C.
on 7/30/10 5:53 am - Millbury, MA
Thanks Linda.  My little girl is the #1 reason I had WLS!  To be able to keep up with her now and not have to sit on the sidelines is PRICELESS! 

Enjoy it now with your Grand kids, you are creating many lasting memories for them!

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 474 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views