Happy to find this forum

Lucycat
on 7/30/10 4:08 am - Lewiston, ID
I have been reading various forums and am so happy that I found this one.  I am waiting for my surgery date to be scheduled and very excited.  I have about 80 pounds to lose and depending on who I tell about the surgery, I either get "well good for you", or "you're kidding, you just need to excercise".  My family is very supportive.  I quit smoking after 41 years and this is my next step to get healthy.  Thank you for having this forum.  You comments and support are wonderful.
Jane W.
on 7/30/10 4:44 am - Southaven, MS
Welcome aboard!!!  I found the waiting to be extremely difficult...from July '9 to May '10.  Hope you don't have to wait that long.  BUT, you are in a good place.  Several around here are waiting to.

5'6"    
southernlady5464
on 7/30/10 5:07 am
Welcome to the LW forum, Lucycat.

You will find help, support, and education here...one forum that doesn't believe in surgery wars. We all chose our own direction and do what is best for us.

I have about the same amount to lose. Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

sam1am
on 7/30/10 5:20 am
Welcome Lucycat, your'e going to love this forum, we all do!  It appears we have some things in common, I have a cat named Lucy (whom I adore) and quick smoking 3 years ago (at 45).  I gained 40 lbs when I quit and that was just too much.  I am so happy with my weightloss surgery and I'm sure you will be too!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

lerkhart
on 7/30/10 5:33 am
Welcome to the LW boards. 

Congrats on quitting smoking and getting healthy!!

Do you know what type of surgery you are going to have?

Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Lucycat
on 7/30/10 5:45 am - Lewiston, ID
I'm going to have the RNY procedure.  I was told it would probably be in September but because of work, I'll have to postpone until October.  I've told alot of people about my pending surgery because I didn't want to have them debating behind my back, did she or didn't she?  SamIam, my Lucy is a rescue Scottish Fold and I adore her.  She's very tiny and takes a long time to trust.  She will be my super support after surgery.
sam1am
on 8/2/10 3:45 am

Recue's make awesome pets!  Congrats to you!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

MajorMom
on 7/30/10 8:03 am - VA
Welcome aboard! 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lee ~
on 7/30/10 8:22 am - CA
 Welcome to the LW forum.  This is the best place at OH as far as I'm concerned.  :)

Congrats on quitting smoking.  I gave it up in June 1990, the year I turned 40.  I've never looked back.

The WLS is such a gift.  I wish you a lot of luck on this journey.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Happy_Camper
on 7/30/10 9:30 am
Welcome to the LW board.  Good luck on your journey.  Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 285 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 409 views