Check-in Monday @ 11:30

Cort0807
on 8/6/10 9:34 am - Fort Campbell, KY
I had to call this afternoon for my time and I check-in Monday @ 11:30 so not sure what time the surgery will start. Should be home Tuesday evening if all goes well.  I've hit the calm before the storm phase since about Monday/Tuesday. I've reached the conclusion that I can't do it in the past, doing it in the future is only going to be riskier if I continue to stay obese because the high blood pressure will multiply into more issues--- therefore NOW is the best time for RNY and I'm going through with it. My daughter won't remember the fat mommy and I can get her eating habits on a healthy track BEFORE they have a chance to get bad.

I am still going to write the letters and give hubby's grandparents some phone numbers just in case anything happens. I'm not so worried now but can't imagine taking things for granted and leaving utter chaos and unanswered questions.  It is the precautious trait in me(more like borderline OCD).

MajorMom
on 8/6/10 9:48 am - VA
You're going to do great, Cort. I was calm too. No idea why folks react in so many different ways. Makes the world go 'round I guess. Swinging lizards for you and wishing you all the best on Monday.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Jody ***
on 8/6/10 10:14 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
I guess since I had  been through many surgeries before, another one wasn't a big deal to me.  I was calm and truly expected NOTHING to happen, which it didn't.  But, we all react differently - if it gives you peace of mind to be prepared for the worst - then there's absolutely nothing wrong with doing it. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

Elizabeth_Ann
on 8/6/10 10:31 am
Best wishes for a completely uneventful surgery! I hope it all goes as planned.

Try to keep that calm going!

Hugs, 

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

lerkhart
on 8/6/10 11:46 am
Good luck Monday.   I hope you have a great surgery and a very speedy recovery.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
amber W.
on 8/6/10 1:10 pm - Clarksville, TN
You will do great....just make sure you have some help at home. I'm excited for you!
Amber------------@

Cort0807
on 8/6/10 2:07 pm, edited 8/6/10 2:08 pm - Fort Campbell, KY
Thanks everyone. I'll get through it, good news is since I don't go up there until 11:30 they can be good and awake right? Heck I'll take them breakfast and coffee a couple hours early! Lets just hope they aren't hungry and rushing lol.

italianspice
on 8/7/10 12:27 am - Eastlake, OH
It is always good to go to surgery with a calm attitude. One doesnt need all those stress hormones going through your system.
I just had mine on the 29th and was calm also.
Good luck and prayers for a speedy recovery.
Maria
dackma
on 8/9/10 12:09 am
Best Wishes, Cort!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views