Fitness Challenge - August 7th

Lee ~
on 8/7/10 12:20 pm - CA
Hello Peeps!

I have to admit that I'm starting to like this exercise stuff. 

I really challenged myself today.  A week ago I did my first 5 minutes on the eliptical machine and 5 minutes on the rowing machine.  Just testing new equipment to get ready for the rainy winter that we have here in Northern California.

Today I did 20 minutes on both the eliptical and the rowing machine, as well as my weight routine and 150 crunches.  I hope I can bend over tomorrow after those crunches as well as the ab workout that I get on the rower.  I was really proud of myself after that.  I also walked outdoors but it was a stroll, not an exercise walk.

Zach leaves a week from Monday and I'll be on my own with the exercise.

So two questions.  1.  What the heck did you do today?  2.  How do you self motivate?

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MajorMom
on 8/7/10 10:37 pm - VA
You're doing great, Lee. You mentioned rainy weather...I've found that I really like walking in the rain. I bought 2 pair of short Bogs for Christmas this past year and I wore them on days that were rainy. I also bought 2 Gortex rain coats. One for cold weather and one for warm. So, I can walk rain or shine, cold or hot. For our cold and icy days, I got a pair of hiking boots that are Gortex on the outside. Santa was very good to me this past year. lol  And, he left me no excuses for not walking all through the winter. Well, except when we got 3 feet of snow...We won't talk about how lazy I was that week.

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Lee ~
on 8/8/10 12:07 am - CA
HI Gina,

I have the Gortex Timberland hiking shoes which I love because they're light.  My calves are still big so I need to drop some pounds to get good rain boots.   Just yesterday I was telling Zach that I can't wait to get to a weight that I'll be so that I can invest in good rain gear so I can still be out walking.

I'm so happy to have a full gym right here at home, equiped with full weight machines, 2 bikes, 2 treadmills, stairmaster, 2 eliptical machines and a rowing machine, plus a pool.  I really don't have any excuses.  I bought this place because of the 3.5 mile path around the lake out front.  I knew when I was shopping for a home that I needed somewhere that would encourage me to exercise.  It's the best idea I ever had.

Maybe Santa will come to my house this year!  Please tell him not to forget the little Jewish girl down the street.  

STLfan
on 8/7/10 11:33 pm
Good Morning Lee! You guys here have been such a help to motivate me a bit. Sandy and I joined the senior center....yes yes I said it!..... And I have been going every other day. Yesterday we worked out on some weights as I am trying to get back some muscle mass that I have lost. Also I spend 10min on a recumbent bike and 30min on a recumbent stepper as it is easier on my joints ....I have really bad hip and SI joint problems from a car accident 20yrs ago. There is also a pool but I have had 2 different surgeries in 4mo and I still have stitches. My wife Sandy has MS so this is also helping her keep muscle tone and flexibity. Thanks for all you do..........
Jeff                    
Lee ~
on 8/8/10 12:10 am - CA
Thanks for being here!   I bet the exercise is great for Sandy.  Flexibility is so darn important.  I always feel much older when I haven't been exercising and stretching.

It sounds like the center has everything you need to help you stay fit and regain muscle loss.

I too had 2 surgeries in 4 months.  Gallbladder out on 11/2/2009 and VSG on 2/17/10.  I think I was cleared to swim at 6 weeks post op.  Check with your doctor.  It's such a fun way to get in exercise when it's warm outside.

valleyfree
on 8/8/10 12:51 am - OR
Yesterday (Saturday) I hiked up a huge hill -- at least 1 mile of the hike was super steep. Total miles was 3.8, ran/walked part of it on the way down.

Right now, I'm watching fitness videos ON DEMAND. I think I need to start on some of those ab routines. I've done no core work.
HW 247/SW 232/CW 135/GW 140 Height 5'4"  Age 43 A BIT BELOW GOAL

Lee ~
on 8/8/10 2:18 pm - CA
 You did great with that walk up the hill.  I really like it when the walking has some resistance to it. 

Do you ever watch Fit TV?  I like all of the one hour fitness shows, particularly the dance hour from 6am to 7am.

Price S.
on 8/8/10 1:54 am - Mills River, NC
Yesterday I worked 2 ponies which involves grooming, harnessing, moving the carriages around, hitching, driving, grooming afterwards.  Takes about 1-1.5 hrs each. 
Today it is hotter and I think I will do the fitness wii, maybe work a pony later.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Lee ~
on 8/8/10 2:19 pm - CA
 Price, you had a great workout with those ponies.  

Do you enjoy working out with the Wii?

Price S.
on 8/8/10 9:01 pm - Mills River, NC
I do like the Wii Fit.  I love the balance games but they are hard on my knees.  I mainly do that and the step arobics.  I do some of the yoga but am limited by my weight.  I'm hoping that losing weight will improve my joints to the point I can do more. 
I also go to Curves a couple of times a week.
Today I'm going to work at least one pony.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 470 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views