fat arms

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/10 1:40 am, edited 8/8/10 1:42 am

Can someone please tell me where to go to get shirts that have longer sleeves then alot of the short short sleeves I find all over the place?  I cant believe how hard it is too find a shirt that I like that I feel comfortable wearing with my fat arms.  I know I can get long sleeves but I am looking for causal tops with sleeves that actually go lower then a little past my shoulders.  This is frustrating, I thought I would enjoy shopping once I lost weight and can wear clothes without going to a plus size store.  I hate shopping mostly because of the length of the sleeves in most tops.  HELP!!

southernlady5464
on 8/8/10 1:48 am
Check Kohl's. They have a lot of tops in different sleeve lengths even in the summer wear.

I'm sorry you are so frustrated.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

italianspice
on 8/8/10 2:08 am - Eastlake, OH
Do you know a seamstress?
If you can find a shirt with longer sleeves, have them shortened.
Also look online maybe you can find something you are looking for.
Maria
Elizabeth_Ann
on 8/8/10 2:28 am
 I was worried about this too! I decided to quit worrying about it. if people don't like my arms, too bad! Now I just wear what I like!

However, I have found that Beall's has some nice variety of sleeve lengths on their blouses. That is a Florida store, but you can order online from there.

Good luck! Hope you find some things you LOVE!!!

Hugs, 

Liz in Orlando       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

southernlady5464
on 8/8/10 4:14 am
Liz, I may decide differently after I lose all my weight but as a pre-op, I'm with you. In this horrid summer, I go sleeveless as much as I can.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

Jane W.
on 8/8/10 2:52 am - Southaven, MS
I like Chico's...I can usually find things there.  Good luck.
5'6"    
moondancer2000
on 8/8/10 2:58 am - Ft Rucker, AL
I know where you ae coming from.  I also just started wearing what I want to, but there are days that my arms bother me more than others and  I go to my half sleeve shirts.  American Eagle, Aeropastle (sp) A&F  have lots of those thypes of tops.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

lerkhart
on 8/8/10 6:01 am
I actually just bought some at WalMart.  I'm not want to spend a lot of money right now for clothes and these are the White Stag and were pretty reasonable.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
(deactivated member)
on 8/8/10 3:48 pm
 I really likedthe white stag  t shirts from walmart when i felt my arms were fat .... the cut is flatering and hides a lot of ills without  appearing  matronly  or dated ...

they are a bit boxy cut though .   

I also love tight litle tank tops under cardigans ....

Lee ~
on 8/8/10 2:26 pm - CA
 I can totally relate.  Just yesterday I said that I would welcome fall when I could wear long sleeve shirts and sweaters which are far more forgiving of my big arms.  I'm fine with the rest of me but my arms are giving me grief.  I'm lifting weights a lot, but I may need intervention from a PS at the end of the journey.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 286 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 410 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 471 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 495 views