Good Morning. It's my 3-year surgiversary today!

MajorMom
on 8/8/10 8:51 pm - VA
I'm still kicking at 3 years post-op! You hear all those naysayers talking about lightweights getting a DS and getting too skinny...lol  Poo on them, babeees! I'm loving life and thank my lucky stars for this surgery. I definitely got my life back, plus some. And, my labs today are even better than they were as a pre-op (thank you Vitalady!). So, double poo on the naysayers!

Today I go for a 2 hour spa treatment. I should have no wrinkles and polished skin when they're through with me. lol Yeah, right! Maybe towards the end of the week DH and I will go back for a couples' massage. DH will need the "golfer's" massage and I haven't decided what I want yet. I think Son#1 and DIL will go for a couple's massage this week too. They're going to a "murder mystery" dinner tonight and we get to babysit. 

At our local support group tonight, the PA will be going over labs. I brought mine with me and will be dialing in on conference call. Am I crazy?  I've been pushing for this topic and I want to hear what she has to say. I was still missing my PTH and vitamins B's Friday when I left work, so I don't have everything yet but mostly things look good. Zinc is still a little lower than I want but I've been in the low to middle part of the range for 3 years.

Anyway, you guys have a great Monday!

((hugs to all))

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Price S.
on 8/8/10 9:04 pm - Mills River, NC
hurray for you!!!!!
I hope in 3 years I will be saying all the same stuff.  You are a great example to us pre-ops.  It can be done and we are on the right track.
Yahoo.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

MajorMom
on 8/8/10 9:57 pm - VA
Thanks, Price. I was raised in Chapel Hill. Where is Horse Shoe, NC? Is that a real place?

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

moondancer2000
on 8/8/10 9:41 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
Congrats Gina, you ROCK baby!!

On a side note, what a fabulous idea about going over labs at your meeting!.  Do you have a link or something I can bring to group this week about Ideal lab levels for rny and bandsters?  Oh yeah of course vita lady's suggested vits to take for bandsters.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

MajorMom
on 8/8/10 9:59 pm - VA
Thanks!

I posted them a week or so ago in a Good Morning message. Let me look.

-g

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

moondancer2000
on 8/8/10 10:10 pm - Ft Rucker, AL
Kewl thanks.  Hope I can get the clinic to run them off for me, so I don't have to do it all on my home printer.

MajorMom
on 8/8/10 10:30 pm - VA

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

moondancer2000
on 8/9/10 12:02 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Thanks Mz Ginaaaaa!!  I have it saved and will be printing them out for Weds!!

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/10 9:44 pm
 Ure  a  great inspiration to me Gina, always , every single gosh darn  day .  I only wish  Id insisted on getting some kind of DS procedure ....but I was really VERY concerned i'd get no help at all... so even the RNY was an amazing blessing .  

Got back from a week largely sedentary sailing with friends and eating out  fatty dinners every night ( with the help of chitosan but STILL) and thank God am no fatter than before .  

That is a RADICAL chage from pre wls....when virtually the MINUTE  I sat on my butt ...or deviated from my fat free food plan .... the pounds would literally pile on visibly increasing my girth every single day . 

No Im not happy with my half - surgery if U will .... I dont feel I should HAVE to run and diet every day to maintain a weight twenty pounds over where I need and desperately want to be ....but am still SUPER grateful  that things have improved THIS far .   

Now what ?  thinking about tomamax / wellbutrin combination ....or ADHD  drugs ..... GRRRR

MajorMom
on 8/8/10 9:54 pm - VA
Thanks, babeee!  Let's hope that the medical community can perfect WLS one day and find a way to help people lead a normal life without dieting and without fear of malnutrition.

******GOAL*******

Join us on the
Lightweights Board!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 412 views