Feeling a little out of sorts

italianspice
on 8/10/10 12:35 am - Eastlake, OH
Good moring all!
It's been 12 days since surgery and cant complain too much. No nausea. Just a little thrush that finally is beginning to improve. But I just dont feel much like myself that past couple of days.
I dont know if it is the rapid weight loss or maybe getting the blues post op, not sure.
My hubby is like give yourself a break. Part of it is that I just dont have the stamina like I used too.
I need to lay down for about 45 minutes in the afternoon to make it through the day. Then by 9pm I am shot! This is not like the usual me.
I am chalkng it up to losing 16 pounds in 12 days. I am getting my liquids but falling a little short on the protein. Everything seems to make me want to gag. I have been able to drink an isopure a day and about a half can of slimfast locarb.. Tried to add unjury to jello to see if I could hide it, but no luck. I feel like my smell and taste have been amplified by a 1000! I am able to eat cottage cheese, yogurt and tried refried beans yesterday without any backlash. Something about the pureed meats make me gag.
I know this is temporary and it will change, but I guess I am just feeling whiny today, which is really not like the usual me.
My hubby, bless his heart, is trying to be supportive, but one just doesnt understand unless you have been there.
Thanks for listening!
Maria
Happy_Camper
on 8/10/10 1:08 am
Maria, you have been thru a major surgery.  Its normal to feel fatigued at this point.  If you feel like you need to lay down for awhile, listen to your body.  Your energy will come back.  Its just going to take some time.  Rest when you need to and let your hubby pamper you.

Are you allowed eggs yet?  soft scrambled eggs......you can even melt a little cheese on it to boost the protein.  or hard boiled eggs and make egg salad.  It took me awhile to find a protein drink that I liked.  I still get burned out on certain protein drinks then have to find something new. 
The first few weeks are the roughest.  Hang in there, it gets better  :)   HUGS, Cindy

Surgery March 2, 2010 -  5' 9"  -   HW 278 /  SW 260 /  CW 139 / GW 150

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat                         

Jody ***
on 8/10/10 1:10 am - Brighton, MI
RNY on 10/21/08 with
Maria - yes, its a very trying time - but it will get better.  You're less than 2 weeks out of surgery - give yourself a break!  I was napping through 3 weeks.  Give your body time to heal - it just went through major surgery.

As far as food goes - get some unflavored Greek Yogurt (check the back for calories/sugars) and try mixing some flavored protein powder in it - I like this and its lots of good protein for you.  You may want to try adding some of the Unjury to your cottage cheese or refried beans - see if you can manage that.  I used to drink crystal lite with unflavored Unjury.  I could handle the smell/texture though....

Tastes do amplify and change dramatically after surgery.  They do change back - but it takes awhile.

Just get in what you can and don't try to force yourself to eat things you can't handle. 

HW-218/SW-208/CW-126/ Lowest Weight-121/Goal-125 - hit 8/23/09/Height-5'3"

Regain 30 lbs from 2012 to 2016 - got back on track and lost it.  Took 8 months. 
90+/- pounds lost      
BMI - 24 or so
Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the Lightweights Board!

italianspice
on 8/10/10 1:18 am - Eastlake, OH
Thanks so much!
You guys are great!
Shannon D.
on 8/10/10 1:30 am
Nothing to add, but I was also tired for a couple of weeks...really tired. I felt good after a few days, no pain, but was beat. It gets better and better and you will be back to normal in no time! Hang in there and congrats on your surgery!

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

moondancer2000
on 8/10/10 1:45 am - Ft Rucker, AL
Maria, you are doing  great job!  It is normal to feel tired, I am 9 months out and there are days I just can't MOVE!  I use to be able to get by on 4-5 hours of sleep, now I need a full 7 to feel good the next day and a nap wouldn't hurt either.  Yes, you are being FLOODED with massive amounts of hormones.  All that estrogen has no where to go now that you are loosing all that fat.  You will probably feel like that for a few more months till your body realizes it don't need to make so much estrogen any more. Ask my Hubbins.... yeah poor guy.

I will live each day in the mindful present

HW 208/SW 197/CW 115/1st GW 130/2nd GW 120
/3rd goal 115/New GW ??/HT 5'2" NO MORE WEIGHT GOALS

graciesmommie
on 8/10/10 2:07 am

I remember that feeling! I had thrush too. Nothing tastes good with that stuff! It is all the hormones too. They will level off. When your vitamin levels begin to peak up you will begin to feel better too. My husband tries really hard to understand too but sometimes doesn't have a clue. That's what we are all here for. Keep your chin up! Hugs and best wishes! Danielle

Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
lerkhart
on 8/10/10 2:34 am
Maria, hang in there - it will get much better.
I did double milk(if you can drink milk).  8 ozs Fat Free milk w/ 2 tbls of non-fat dry milk for the first month to help get my protein in.  I also put Diet Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate in this to have a special treat!
Good luck and nap all you need to!!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
chris_ruff
on 8/10/10 4:03 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
hi maria,

its sounds totally normal. fatigue is expected aftermajor surgery and rapid weight loss. rest up and in no time you'll be feeling brand new!
--Christina
italianspice
on 8/10/10 4:44 am - Eastlake, OH
I love you guys!
Thanks  so much for listening. I knew you would understand.
I know I have to be patient but it is so hard when I am used to go go go all the time.
Sincerely,
Maria
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views