Maintenance isn't for wimps

LinR
on 8/10/10 9:00 pm
Now that the honeymoon phase is definitely over, I'm struggling with finding my fit of calories, carbs and proteins.  All summer I have struggled with 1-3# over what I said my max was going to be.  I think I let carbs and grazing sneak back in--as well as being out of commission for exercising for 5 weeks when I had some foot surgery.

So, now its back to exercising, journaling daily and being more mindful of carbs and grazing.

I was feeling a little worn out when I went back to exercising but switched my iron to the tender iron from vitalady--was using ferrous sulfate-- and increased to two multi vits per day and I feel a lot better.

6# over goal weight and counting down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MajorMom
on 8/10/10 9:30 pm - VA
Good luck bringing things back in line. After the initial 12 months is also when people start to see vitamin deficiencies if they've been taking minimum doses. I'm glad you're taking Vitalady's iron. You might even look at a combo of Tender iron and Proferrin ES. Proferrin doesn't cause constipation like some irons and it's easier for us to absorb even with our rerouting. I doubt you absorbed any iron from the ferrous sulfate. How's your other vitamin levels now?

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LinR
on 8/11/10 10:46 am
The said my labs were good, but I know they didn't check my D or A.  I didn't ask for a copy of my last labs, but think I might now.

(deactivated member)
on 8/10/10 9:55 pm
 It sure isnt !!  I finally admitted my weight to myself by stopping playing games with the scale .....and  I Really do feel my body and my daily struggle  to keep my  body in check hasnt changed all that much since before my WLS . 

The only  thing the surgery did for me is ease the pain and struggle of the last two years or so when my body ballooned and got real unhealthy due to diabetes .

I have the same difficult  body i had  basically twenty years ago . 

The only real difference is ... Im not throwing up what i eat any more EVER  and that IS  a HUGE difference .... and i am maintaining in the mid one thirties  without that . 

Still for me ...that weight is far too much and i need to be twenty lbs less ....both to look good and to FEEL my healthiest  .. because I am naturally a slender person .  So I AM frustrated ...particularly because I know PS with liposuction has wokred so well for me in the past and i simply dont have the money to do it right now ....  GRRR 

gisele00
on 8/11/10 6:18 am
having never gotten to goal and struggling with not gaining 2 years out-i;'d say=yeah, i didnt appreciate the ease of the first year.  realizing it's ongoing, not just "getting there", is kind of a hard pill to swallow.
why buy the cow when you can sell the toaster

5' 9"
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 288 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views