1 year surgiversary!! (a little late)

dwmomof3
on 8/10/10 11:18 am - Brockport, NY
It was actually Aug 5th, but hey, I'm a busy girl these days!
My surgeon was very, very happy with my results and says I'm a success!  Of course, I already knew this.
I still want to continue to lose.  I've discovered these last few weeks I've been way off base with my eating, going much too high in calories.  I stopped logging my food.  Just goes to show you that "they" know what they're talking about when "they" say to journal everything- always!  So, now I'm getting back on track, slowly but surely.
All my labs looked good and we compared them to my last set and I'm holding steady across the board.  He was quite pleased with that.
I'll see him again in 6 months. 
Donna       "Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart"

SW248/SGW175/my1stGW170

dwmomof3
on 8/10/10 11:21 am - Brockport, NY
He did suggest I increase my exercise.  Today I walked my 1 1/2 miles twice!  My wimpy 16 year old son (athlete in baseball and volleyball) complained I walk too fast. "I thought we were going for a walk, not a run!"  That was the first walk.  After dinner I invited DH for a walk.  His reply, "Can we walk this time instead of jog?"  Wimps!
I'm lovin' it!!!
Donna       "Let the peace of Christ rule in your heart"

SW248/SGW175/my1stGW170

browneyedDeeva
on 8/10/10 11:12 pm - NY
RNY on 05/03/13 with
happy 1 year surgiversary
all the best to you ;-[)

see ya lighter,

Toni                         

graciesmommie
on 8/11/10 1:37 am
Congrats. That is awesome! Wear those boys down!
Nothing tastes as good as this feels!                                                                     
Roz !!!!
on 8/10/10 12:04 pm - Butler, PA
Congrats on your surgiversary and to a Great checkup!!!!  

I'm glad to hear that "they" are telling you to keep track of your totals and that you are going to try to do it again.  I keep trying to tell the newbies on Menus and Miles that it's important to track your totals at least until you hit goal.  It makes it so much easier to maintain if you know what totals you have been losing on.  We all have a tendency to estimate to low or high and either way can hurt us in the long run.

I recheck myself about once every couple of weeks and if I have to many carbs then I'm sure to post on fitday.com just to get myself back on track.  Seeing the numbers brings me back to reality.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

peyton88
on 8/10/10 7:44 pm - Madison, GA
Congratulations!!!  Thanks for sharing your success...it keeps me going!!!
  HW/SW/CW/Goal.....219  / 206 /  122 / 130

MajorMom
on 8/10/10 7:59 pm - VA
Happy surgiversary, babeee!! But, I want to see your labs!

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LinR
on 8/10/10 8:44 pm
Congrats on your surgiversary.  Amazing how fast that first year goes by--and what great changes have taken place.   I too have found that I must journal.  It's just so easy to let those extra calories/carbs creep back in.  Good luck on the rest of the journey.  Lin

Shannon D.
on 8/10/10 10:22 pm
Congratulations on your surgiversary! You have done so well, and good luck on your continued success.

5'0"   HW-214   SW-186  GW-115  CW-96-99 
  LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

lerkhart
on 8/11/10 1:59 am
Congratulations Donna.  You have done an amazing job. 
I have to log everything too or I am clueless and just eat to be eating!
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 496 views