Menus and Miles Thurs. Mar. 24th

Roz !!!!
on 3/24/11 12:10 am, edited 3/24/11 3:24 am - Butler, PA
One more day until the weekend!!  Those of you that have flowers blooming in your yards please take a few minutes to smell and enjoy them for those of us who still have snow...

HONEYMOON PERIOD EVENTUALLY ENDS FOR EVERYONE...DON'T FALL INTO THE I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT MODE!!!!!!! BAD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK AFTER THE HONEYMOON PERIOD ENDS!!!!!!!

Hello to all of my Lightweights!!!  If you are visiting WELCOME....PLEASE JOIN US and POST!!!!!

Writing everything down has helped me so much!!! I would really like to see some more posters.  Seeing what is working for others helps the rest of us put some variety into our meals.
  It's very important until you reach Goal to figure out your Calories, Fats, Carbs, and Proteins so that you know what your body needs to lose and then to maintain!!!!

RNY Maintenance   

B:   Protein:  GNC Chocolate and Cookies n Creme (with Miralax) 39g
S:   orange
L:   Small Wendy's Chili
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with crystal lite
Protein:  Syntrax Nectar Lemon Tea with crystal lite
D:  2 Baked Chicken legs and cauliflower (maybe try the faux mac n cheese)
Protein:  Probably Fage Yogurt Cheesecake mixture

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 3/24/11 12:28 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
Good to see you are getting into more food again, I hope that is a sign of feeling better?

Meal Plan (RNY 8.5 months post op)

B: 1/2 E2 Pro Charge Vanilla Ice Cream  Protein Shake with Hazelnut SF Syrup: 10g protein
S1: Cottage Cheese/Jell-o Salad: 9g protein
L: 4 slc 98% FF turkey breast, colby jack stick, greenbeans, 1.2 oz soy crisps: 28g protein
S2: 1/2 E2 Pro Charge Vanilla Ice Cream  Protein Shake with Hazelnut SF Syrup: 10g protein
D: Parmesan and Flaxmeal Tuna Patties with Broccoli: 18g protein
S3: MInt Cookie Shake with a splash of milk and a little pudding mix: 24g protein

The E2 ProCharge alleges a better delivery system for protein by bypassing the liver... so the numbers are lower, but I do notice that I do better on my workouts when I drink it, so we'll see how it works out today.

Went to Curves for my monthly weigh and measure, in the past month I lost 6.5 pounds, 7.5 inches, and my total body fat is at 20.9% WOOT! Picked up my travel pass and will be hitting the Curves closer to home for my second work out of the day. Also thinking of hitting GameStop after work to see if they have a cheap Just Dance 2 for those mornings I can't stomach Jillian MIchaels. Plan to walk around at lunch time today too, feeling a little restless. I am really enjoying my new plan to work out for a half hour each morning and afternoon, has really curbed my snacking! And for the first time in a very long time, I felt full last night and couldn't finish my dinner! My pouch talked to me! I was so excited. And just in case I missed the message, I also got my "You're full, stop eating now hiccups" that I haven't had in months. Luckily for me, I had already given my leftovers to my son :)

A little behind on my drinking, but I know I'll catch up later. 2 out of 3 calciums down, 1 out of 2 multi/irons down, still have D3. Dropping the biotin as an experiment since it's growing all hair except head hair and I'm getting frustrated.

May edit later with food I actually ate since I seem to be able to push away sooner now :)

Hope you all have a beautiful day!

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Roz !!!!
on 3/24/11 1:56 am - Butler, PA
I am feeling better..thank goodness!  I am excited to get back into my "normal" menus.  My Surgeon warned me to avoid fats like my favorite chili but I guess he didn't understand how low fat I eat.

I used to love going to Curves when I was "fat" and younger. I should look into it again and see if I'd enjoy it now.  It never helped me lose weight but it might help me  my "aging"  body strengthen up some.  Other than chasing after grandchildren I do little exercise.  I'm watching 4 of them tonight and they keep me very busy.

Love the menu!  How do your make the Cottage Cheese/Jello-Salad?

Roz

on Maintenance

JennaKopanyi
on 3/24/11 2:08 am - Harpers Ferry, WV
glad to hear you are getting back to normal, whatever that may be :)
silly surgeon! i'm sure your body will let you know if you pu**** too far, right?

i started going there because I knew that toning would be the most important thing for me to focus on. I was going to lose the weight no matter what, but I was trying to be proactive (so far so good). Starting to get more out of it again (at least when I do the afternoon workouts, mornings still drag with little to no sweat). I feel like the repetitive circuit is good so that i don't have to worry about what do do next or how long to spend on what. Although when my year is up i'm thinking of going somewhere with a pool and a heavy bag...

Jell-o Salad... Kinda

1 packet gelatin (traditional is orange, but go nuts, the one I am eating now is strawberry banana)
24 oz container cottage cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 tub whipped topping (thawed)
1 can mandarin oranges
1 can crushed pineapple

mix gelatin mix (unprepared) into the thawed cool whip, it's fun and pretty. scoop into a large pan (I use half-pans for chafing dishes-- this makes a LOT) mix in the cottage cheese, stir well. Add everything else, mix well. Refrigerate for a couple hours and enjoy

Leave out the nuts if you can't handle them, you can also throw in some frozen fruits if you like, just to keep things interesting. I chopped up some frozen black cherries. by the time it was ready to eat they had thawed perfectly. some times i mix in some protein powder to the cottage cheese, some times i double the nuts and/or coconut. very user friendly recipe

You'd think kids would burn more calories, but since they don't just enjoy them for being them :) Have fun tonight!!

7/18/10: 211lbs, 10/16/10: 174 lbs, 1/21/11: 146 lbs, 4/20/11: 131 lbs. Insulin FREE since 7/2010, "normal" BMI since 12/2010. I'm 31, 5'5", happily married, with a fabulous 3 year old boy, and hope to add to our family in the near future       

Roz !!!!
on 3/24/11 3:28 am - Butler, PA
That sounds great...Thank You!!

Roz

on Maintenance

chris_ruff
on 3/24/11 12:34 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
hi roz,

1) protein shake
2) most of an egg, cheese, sausage on english muffin sandwich
3) geek yogurt w/ berries and mixed nuts
4) latte
5) out to dinner with my brother

have a good one!
--Christina
Roz !!!!
on 3/24/11 1:58 am - Butler, PA
Hi Christina....your picture still makes me smile when I see it....  You are so Beautiful!!!!!

Good variety!

You have a good one too!!!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

lerkhart
on 3/24/11 2:47 am, edited 3/24/11 10:40 am
Hi Roz,
Glad you are feeling better.  Have fun babysitting tonight.  My parents are coming to stay until Sunday morning.  We will visit DGD's but none are coming to stay this weekend. 
Here's the plan for today:
B:  Protein Decaf Coffee
S:  Decaf Coffee
S:  Fuzzy Navel Protein Drink
L:  Small Wendy's chili - must be the food of the day!!  1 chocolate chip cookie
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink
D:  Hamuburger patty w/ onions, part of a baked sweet potato
S:  Lemon Tea Protein Drink

Vitamins:  Done
Water:  124 ozs
Miles:  3+ miles

Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
baat2010
on 3/24/11 2:59 am - IL
RNY on 11/29/10 with
Hi, Roz -

I am rushing off to drive to Madison for a meeting. Boy, it is chilly today!

B- protein drink w strawberries (40 g)
S- greek yogurt (18 g)
L- ground turkey w veggies in marinara (12 g)
S- babybel (6 g)
D- eating out - not sure, probably seafood
S- sf cocoa
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Roz !!!!
on 3/24/11 3:29 am - Butler, PA
Have a safe trip!!

Love the menu!!!!

Roz

on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 287 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 413 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 475 views
Still kickin'...